What is your sexual orientation and what gender are you?

broken_1995

Broken, pansexuality doesn't simply mean accepting someone regardless of sex. Firstly it means both sex and sexual identity, i.e. male, female and transgender. Secondly it doesn't mean 'accepting', it means literally being attracted to and essentially wanting to have sexual relations with these people.

I am a female who is straight... I like to hang out with homosexuals, and bisexuals, as they have proven to be some of the COOLEST, and MOST AMAZING people, I know... plus... they're entertaining... I have nothing against them... I just don't want them to go to my house because my mother will harass them... so... yeah. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Cia, that's your description of it. I do agree that it means being attracted to all people but it does mean being attracted to someone regardless of their gender.

His description of it is entirely accurate and basically identical to what you just said, it's the definition of pansexual. He stated that because you said you were pansexual (which pretty much means to be sexually attracted to someone regardless of their gender) however you went on to say that you accept everyone regardless of their sex.

Now, having just said you are pansexual, the following statement was a pretty moot point because of course you'd have to be accepting of someone to be attracted to them, no? Also slightly confusing to someone who wasn't aware of the definition of pansexuality, they might be led to believe that pansexuality has nothing to do with sex at all, and merely about acceptance.

Also, very technically speaking, sex and gender are two different things. Yes, you are attracted to people regardless of sex, but simply regardless of sex and not gender well... thats basically bisexual.

You can be in a *male* body and identify as a female, it's a touchy subject, but your sex, typically speaking refers to your genitalia which can really only be one or the other.. or both in a hermaphrodites case. If I were you, I would stick to the use of the word gender, because that is what pansexuality is about, being attracted to someone regardless of gender, genitals don't even come into the matter. Bear in mind I'm no expert on sexuality, it's just what I've come to understand over the years.

• 1 month later...