what is love for you <3

lizethvamp

The meaning of true love changes with each different relationship and depends more on its concept of depth, versatility, and complexity. It can take many forms. At the lowest level it is chemistry and biology which explain it as a powerful neurological condition like hunger or thirst, only more permanent. Biology says that it is nothing but the play of hormones. When a man and women are attracted towards each other, they think they are falling but what if some hormones are playing inside them and this is not love but mere attraction. This is pure chemistry; at the lowest point it is not more than that. But how can we explain man love for music or painting. This is surely not hormonal. This is not Chemistry. Van Gogh, a painter, sacrificed his life for Love of painting. This is something higher than chemistry, higher than hormonal. But there is still a higher level; the love of Buddha, the love of Jesus, the love of Krishna. Now it has taken completely different form. Buddha loves everyone, because he has too much to share it. He is burdened by the love released in him; it has to be shared with the trees, with the birds, with people, with animals, with whosoever comes by.

When we say we love somebody, what exactly we mean? If we mean we hold that person. This gives birth to jealousy, because if I lose that person then what happens? I feel empty, lost; therefore I restrict that person. From holding, there is jealousy, insecurity, fear of losing and innumerable conflicts that arises from holding. And this holding is not true love is it? Also, it is neither emotional nor sentimental. Because these are only sensations which are process of thought and surely thought is not true love. Person who is sentimental or emotional cannot know it. This is because the emotions can be stirred negatively where a person is vulnerable to hatred or fight. Therefore, we can say that when there is room for these things, there is no Love. They are all generated from the mind. Mind can only corrupt love but, cannot give birth to it. When these things disappear, and when the things of the mind don’t fill your heart, then there is love. It is only when you do not restrict, when you do not hold, you are not jealous, not greedy, when you have mercy and compassion, when you have consideration for your wife, your children, your neighbour, and your unfortunate servants.

.........................................CONTINUE.........................http://www.seekersdiary.com/what-is-love/

Okay, serious time.

There are so many interpretations of what love is.  It's a very peculiar thing, since it's a feeling that we can generalize and be specific with.  Now, recently, I've been trying to learn Japanese, and, as people in love would usually do (or, at least, as the cheesy type of lover would do), I searched for how to say "I love you" in Japanese.  It was more complicated than I thought, because of all the literal meanings, but there was something interesting and beautiful with the way Japanese people express love in their language.

There are two characters in the Kanji set that roughly mean love: Koi () and Ai ().  They are equal in a sense, but they are different in another sense. Koi is a type of passionate love for the person that you have feelings for, it's that type of love that makes you attract and pine for someone.  Ai, although same in meaning as Koi, can also mean the general meaning of love (i.e. "I love this book;" "I am a dog lover").  There are arguments that Ai is deeper, more mature form of love while Koi is juvenile, selfish.  There is also this quote that I found in the article where I'm taking this type of info from: "Koi is always wanting. Ai is always giving."

Now this is where I try to start to make things beautiful.  (I hope it works.)  Renai (恋愛), which means "romantic love", is written with both Koi and Ai.  Now, take the quote from before, and you can see that love is a process of giving and taking.  For a love to blossom, both must learn how to give and take unconditionally.  Love is selfish, but generous.

Here's the article: http://japanese.about.com/od/japanesecultur1/a/The-Japanese-Words-For-Love.htm

I might be overthinking this.

Edited by Harajuku Heart

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love for me i guess would be finding someone who made me and i can make them utterly happy. It would be finding someone who thinks I'm perfect and amazing the way i am, and that seems perfect and amazing to me. Someone who likes almost as many things i do, but still doesn't mind the stupid little arguments we have over the little things we don't have in common. Someone who i wouldn't mind doing anything for and they wouldn't mind doing anything for me. Having someone who just after a couple of minutes of having them fall asleep would make me say "I miss ______." And they the same. Now i don't know maybe I've been hurt too much, or used too much, or abandoned too much, but now i have my guards way up. It would take someone a lot to convince me of the fact that they "love" me. Now a days if someone says they "love me" i think there's an ulterior motive behind it because of what happened in the past. I guess love for me is a happiness i have yet to know.

Edited by Xochiquetzal15

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...