You ruin your own music with your ignorance

EvilActivity

Dear crazy music fans.

I am a "hater" yes indeed I very much am, I hate your music, I don't wish to be a fan of your music, i don't follow the logic of your music or the hypocrisy of your idols be they botdf, BVB, Pierce the veil, What ever it is you are obsessed with to such a degree that you are gritting through your teeth thinking " wtf you stoopid bish go die you don't know music! Go back to your Justin Beiber!"

(which is pretty fucking stupid and pointless insult because it's common knowledge that most haters of your genre are older mature adults that are into heavy metal and all that hard shit. Try and say that to their face it will be the last time cause you'll be digesting your teeth. Yeah you try to play it off like the haters are little children that don't know any better, yeah nope... majority of haters be fans of huge viking looking dudes, on occasion elderly country men.)

If you said it to their face well.... can't even imagine....

"go listen to Bieber and 1D ya fags"

faki.jpg

"Le gasp! Bieber? Stand down my metal brethren! we got a badass over here!" 

creep.jpg

1: Why do i have to care about the message of your music? There's music through out the ages that conveyed the exact same message. Be yourself, don't bully, it's okay to be gay. All these messages already existed in music, YOUR MUSIC DID NOT OPEN THE DOORS TO THESE IDEALS. I don't need to listen to some moron saying "Dahvie doesn't like bullies his message is not to bully!" So fucking what? Barney doesn't condone bullying and you don't see me putting up posters of him putting on a baby bop wig and going "Bitch! You fucking listen to my purple dinosaur right fucking now Nigga! I will open a can of whop ass on you! And I will of course recycle that can cause Barney said recycle! It is a good message so I shall enforce it upon you!"

2: Don't tell haters to get a life. At the end of the day your the ones that don't have any hobbies or any means of "survival" outside of your fanbase. So tell me reader, you're around 13- 17 years old? Still living with the parents? Hmmm i see, not paying your own bills? Oh right! Yes you are so right, I'm sooo fucking stupid! I forgot I could just make all my problems go away by sitting my ass down and listening to a song! And here I was working fucking two jobs, getting my tuition and utilities in order, going through some struggles so I can build up character and redeeming qualities as a human being. But I could just sit here and listen to this song and it will save me? That's quite a life you got there huh? Is that also the life you recommend I get? I don't want it. I'd tell you to shove that up your ass but there's probably no room because that's where you keep your head. That's why there's nothing but shit in your head. 

3: Haters can hardly be blamed for not liking the music when they take one look at the crazy fanbase. Illiterate, scheming, Crazy, disgruntled, hate machines, hypocritical bullies in there own way...It's disgusting. All that I have stated above, That's not bullying, that is the truth, facts, statements that are legit, and that is what "haters" do. They tell the truth they come on with things like "hey buddy, calm the fuck down." or "the music didn't save you, your just brain washed like a cult follower wake up." We don't wanna see this generation behaving like stupid animals. We are just doing you a favor, We are embarrassed for you. Liking something is no excuse for acting like your the shit and your superior when in fact it's a total opposite. Haters are entirely different from how the crazy fans are with the constant "fuck haters. Haters need to fucking die. Jealous whores.." 

Look for yourselves What you have or will eventually become. You ruin your own fanbases. And you'll never fix it cause you don't realize it's your own behavior that turns people off. Ignorant, close minded, shallow, empty headed, dismissive, violent. You turned your music into a weapon and haters are just those that don't want to be socialized with such people. Music is art, and art imitates life yes? So what the hell is this? (although... Why is life to you just limited to getting it from the hot topic anyways? bleh....) 

• Downvote 3

TL;DR but yeah I get the gist of your rant but seriously, you try to insult emo and then use....METAL to showcase good taste?

You have more credibility using rap because rap has good music even if you have to search a bit deep for it. Metal has none.

Dr David Thorpe summed up my feelings for metal far better than I ever can in an article from 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/your-band-sucks/metal/

Anyway, you sound just as angsty as the teenagers you are ranting against despite being an "adult".

Come on, you're on an emo forum typing out a TL;DR article on emo music while already ruining your credibility by citing metal as the music older people listen to.

Edited by Stardust_genius

TL;DR but yeah I get the gist of your rant but seriously, you try to insult emo and then use....METAL to showcase good taste?

You have more credibility using rap because rap has good music even if you have to search a bit deep for it. Metal has none.

Dr David Thorpe summed up my feelings for metal far better than I ever can in an article from 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/your-band-sucks/metal/

Anyway, you sound just as angsty as the teenagers you are ranting against despite being an "adult".

Come on, you're on an emo forum typing out a TL;DR article on emo music while already ruining your credibility by citing metal as the music older people listen to.

Butthurt... Let me tell you about Butthurt If I may. 

So This butthurt.... It occurs when you think my attitude and my intolerance for idiocy is apparently limited to just emos? Okay I think I understand.  

No need to talk to me about this "butthurt" I didn't single you or your music out, I done wrote a rant about my dislike of swagg music fans and their behavior issues of being lazy but entitled to everything. ( you didn't care right? you didn't mind that I analyzed and took their behavior issues apart, there was no butt hurt commentary. No defenses about how I'm just an angst bitch, no body coming up in that thread and whining  "JUST LET THE SWAGGS BE WHO THEY WANT!" nothing like that and I was really hard and unforgiving on swaggs.)

And Then, my other rant on how it confuses me to no end that people hate popstars like Lohan and Cyrus for abusing drugs and being bad role models, all the whiles their own role models where legendary rockstars like Cobain, Presley, and Hendrix who abused and died of overdose. (Again no backlash, no butthurt commentary. Not a damn complaint or attempt against my opinions and freedom of speech... ) And I love my rock idols I truly do but Instead of putting them on an apex or glory, I put them in the most negative light to make a point. If I was putting my music and idols above everyone I wouldn't have taken sides with popstars I'm not even a fan of. I did not want to turn my back on Bob Marley but hey we all know that "Mr brown" was about heroin. Everyone I love is dead because of drugs so why be blind to their flaws and contradict myself by acting like my idols where the greatest? Maybe It's impossible for me to believe my taste in music is better than everyone else because the philosophy was always that they are typical humans like everyone else and they don't want to be on a pedestal.

Point is... This butthurt isn't coming from me. I've' talked about other music negatively other genres my own taste included... Ya didn't give a shit. If anything few of you even agreed. So why am I ignorant for portraying the ugly side of not music but the behavior flaws of the fans of this specific music, this time? 

What? It fucking bugged you now because you don't like the truth? Are you above criticism or something... "hey don't write about emos in an emo related forum! Even though everyone else does it!" = Butthurt butthurt butthurt!!

Fuck this explaining shit, just give me my fucking warning points. You just can't talk logic with them.

Butthurt usually requires a couple paragraphs of "explanation" thats really just complaining and talking through ones anus.

I'll let you draw conclusions.

But if you're so surprised that people complain when you post a thread about emos in an emo thread, why are you surprised that these emos complain and act like you say they always do?

As before mentioned, I could care less what people listen to. If i was in a position to make a change, I would consider those things, but Im not. So... meh

So yeah, go ahead and crank out your predictable paragraph of ad hominem and red herrings at me. I'll continue being apathetic.

So This butthurt.... It occurs when you think my attitude and my intolerance for idiocy is apparently limited to just emos? Okay I think I understand.  

No need to talk to me about this "butthurt" I didn't single you or your music out, I done wrote a rant about my dislike of swagg music fans and their behavior issues of being lazy but entitled to everything. ( you didn't care right? you didn't mind that I analyzed and took their behavior issues apart, there was no butt hurt commentary. No defenses about how I'm just an angst bitch, no body coming up in that thread and whining  "JUST LET THE SWAGGS BE WHO THEY WANT!" nothing like that and I was really hard and unforgiving on swaggs.)

And Then, my other rant on how it confuses me to no end that people hate popstars like Lohan and Cyrus for abusing drugs and being bad role models, all the whiles their own role models where legendary rockstars like Cobain, Presley, and Hendrix who abused and died of overdose. (Again no backlash, no butthurt commentary. Not a damn complaint or attempt against my opinions and freedom of speech... ) And I love my rock idols I truly do but Instead of putting them on an apex or glory, I put them in the most negative light to make a point. If I was putting my music and idols above everyone I wouldn't have taken sides with popstars I'm not even a fan of. I did not want to turn my back on Bob Marley but hey we all know that "Mr brown" was about heroin. Everyone I love is dead because of drugs so why be blind to their flaws and contradict myself by acting like my idols where the greatest? Maybe It's impossible for me to believe my taste in music is better than everyone else because the philosophy was always that they are typical humans like everyone else and they don't want to be on a pedestal.

Point is... This butthurt isn't coming from me. I've' talked about other music negatively other genres my own taste included... Ya didn't give a shit. If anything few of you even agreed. So why am I ignorant for portraying the ugly side of not music but the behavior flaws of the fans of this specific music, this time? 

What? It fucking bugged you now because you don't like the truth? Are you above criticism or something... "hey don't write about emos in an emo related forum! Even though everyone else does it!" = Butthurt butthurt butthurt!!

Fuck this explaining shit, just give me my fucking warning points. You just can't talk logic with them.

Calm your shit and don't type so much.

Calm your shit and don't type so much.

Are you new? Then you don't know of the manner in which I am use to typing when I rant, even so, It's a forum and there's no limitation to the characters I can use. 

If there is a limitation to how much you can read or you have a small attention span for detail, well that's hardly my fault. I'm not forcing you to read it you know. I am not a forceful person but you know this because you took it upon yourself waste your own precious time reading something that you assumed before hand was a piece of shit to you that bares no significance to you. Twice....

3 times.... 

3 times and your feed back was... meh.... about as pointless as people who can't string an actual argument so they use photos. Awwww look Nathan likes doggies!

Butthurt usually requires a couple paragraphs of "explanation" thats really just complaining and talking through ones anus.

I'll let you draw conclusions.

But if you're so surprised that people complain when you post a thread about emos in an emo thread, why are you surprised that these emos complain and act like you say they always do?

As before mentioned, I could care less what people listen to. If i was in a position to make a change, I would consider those things, but Im not. So... meh

So yeah, go ahead and crank out your predictable paragraph of ad hominem and red herrings at me. I'll continue being apathetic.

I'm actually not surprised, had I said something insulting I could only expect the insulted party to be pissed, but now it's more along the lines of, they don't even read it but they leave an assuming comment, but they never even read it so..... Why is one going to be pissed when they don't know what the article is about? They said it themselves, it was too long, they are too lazy to read it. They think it's an attack on music when the entire thing is covering brainwashing and poor mental stability.

EvilActivity actually did have a valid point, somewhat. (And I did in fact read all of this.) I wouldnt call it "butthurt", controversial--definitely. Most of this emo music is crap, and we all know it. And fangirls like "bvbarmy" are fucking annoying.

HOWEVER, because a lot of emo music sucks does not mean that it all sucks. And though you didnt blantantly state "all", it was highly implied.

----my point.

Ironically, ignorance, by definition, is the lack of knowledge or information. The title of your post has the word ignorance in it. yet throughout your rant, you made ignorant statements about emo fans. Im just saying you cant just clump together one entire genre and insult it. You cant possibly know that entire genre. theres your lack of knowledge. And since you dont know that genre, isnt that [ignorance], the very thing youre ranting about? Ironyyyyy~

And im not using ignorant in a derogatory manner, but strictly by definition.

The question is do they negatively affect you in any way? You're ranting about haters, something you can easily ignore if you don't provoke the fanbase.

Nobody's telling me to "get a life hater" because I simply just ignore the shit music that exists. I'll happily listen to the sweet sounds of Jeff Buckley and let those kiddies enjoy their shit because eventually, a large number of them will grow out of it.

I am simply targeting your topic on fanbases. Nowhere did I see your post contain anything about the pop stars who abuse drugs or whatnot.

EvilActivity, I suggest writing in a neutral tone when writing out your arguments.  You do have valuable points, but people are worked up because the tone of your writing is mainly derogatory.  It has a more complaining tone rather than argumentative, which do irritate some if not most.

However, yes, the "bullied" members of these fanbases are becoming bullies in their own way, noh?  It's sad how hypocritical people can turn.

I'm actually not surprised, had I said something insulting I could only expect the insulted party to be pissed, but now it's more along the lines of, they don't even read it but they leave an assuming comment, but they never even read it so..... Why is one going to be pissed when they don't know what the article is about? They said it themselves, it was too long, they are too lazy to read it. They think it's an attack on music when the entire thing is covering brainwashing and poor mental stability.

Yay, only one paragraph, I do believe we are improving.   Drinks all around!

EvilActivity, I suggest writing in a neutral tone when writing out your arguments.  You do have valuable points, but people are worked up because the tone of your writing is mainly derogatory.  It has a more complaining tone rather than argumentative, which do irritate some if not most.

However, yes, the "bullied" members of these fanbases are becoming bullies in their own way, noh?  It's sad how hypocritical people can turn.

Irritating and derogatory writing around here?! REALLY? Wow. I did not know that..... and complaining too? I better be careful huh? Don't wanna fall into any irritating or illiterate pieces. Gee to think I was being irritating and derogatory where such a thing isn't allowed, because some if not most people, don't appreciate or do that shit. 

No wonder everyone complains about all my writing..... no wait, not ALL my writing, just the stuff that covers a critic on emos... for some strange mysterious reason I will never confirm, no one complains about my writing on bridezillas, manipulators, homophobes, jerk boyfriends, annoying media, bad parenting ect ect... even though I essentially write in the exact same irritating, derogatory tone no matter what I'm trying to cover.

It must totally be my writing style, i'm sure everyone is not so fake that they can't just come out and honestly say it's really the topic that pisses them off and it will always piss them off no matter how I write it. 

Edited by EvilActivity

I guess I can't resist getting into this. For the confused responders, EvilActivity was not referring to Emo music; she was writing about Emos and their attitude and worldview and lifestyle. But I would not strictly limit her commentary to Emos by any means. It can cover anyone who has a similar outlook on life, and I do not say that Emo or Emo music is at fault for any of that. But that is not my main point; I am about to make it however. Emo music has changed drastically over time. Sometimes it seems as though any music, if Emos like it, gets to be called Emo music. I realize that's somewhat an exaggeration.  But there is (or was) a standard that determines what is and is not Emo music. I am not at all going to go into what that standard is because I feel that if you call yourself Emo, you should know what that standard is without any doubt at all about it. And if you don't know, and you still want to call yourself Emo, you should at least have enough pride to go and look up what the standard is that makes any music, Emo music and what constitutes being an Emo person. Now, having stated that, in regard to the standard that determines that some particular music is Emo; that music, having encompassed the particulars of that standard, meets certain requirements, and in doing so, appeals to a certain personality type, which is loosely known as the Emo type of person. Now my point is, the type of person who would listen to music that fits that standard, would have strong concerns about their life, other peoples lives, the future, and just about everything. A very caring and concerned person, to a fault in fact. A non-violent and a thinking person. Much of what passes for Emo music, and those who listen to it, does not fit that description at all. Much the opposite in fact. Emos are not punks and they are not metal heads and they "should not" act or think like they are. This is not to say that Emos are better or that metal heads and/or punks are bad, or not as good, or any such thing. Rather it simply points out that there is a difference. What it does say (and this is my main point here) is that Emo as a movement has drifted away from its philosophical core, or at the very least, has mixed in with other movements and lost its purity. Emo, in it's purest form, is noble in its own way, not cheap and delinquent. Now rather than saying I'm nuts or worse, go look it up and see for yourself. Do something constructive, not destructive. Find out. "Emos are some of the nicest people you'll meet". Does your lifestyle fit that statement? 

If you've read this and feel offended, you didn't "get it" correctly. 

Edited by xXlostinmyworldXx

^ Im pretty sure she was talking about emo (the genre). She began her post by addressing all the "crazy music fans", and then proceeded to attack the music genre in general.

Whether its a subculture or genre being offended isnt really significant. Its her belief that one genre of music is better than another, which is not the case whatsoever. She is not an all-knowing music god. What appeals to her might not necessarily appeal to someone else, and vice versa. Though, she can say and think what she wants about emo music, no ones going to take her opinion seriously because her opinion is more or less ignorant itself.

Are you new? Then you don't know of the manner in which I am use to typing when I rant, even so, It's a forum and there's no limitation to the characters I can use. 

If there is a limitation to how much you can read or you have a small attention span for detail, well that's hardly my fault. I'm not forcing you to read it you know. I am not a forceful person but you know this because you took it upon yourself waste your own precious time reading something that you assumed before hand was a piece of shit to you that bares no significance to you. Twice....

3 times.... 

3 times and your feed back was... meh.... about as pointless as people who can't string an actual argument so they use photos. Awwww look Nathan likes doggies!

Alright, let's explain it to you this way, every single music genre is ignorant, and makes itself that way. Metal, rap, reggae, electronica, etc. etc. They are all ignorant and believe they are superior to each other. This is not the first time it's happened so don't act ;ike it is.