The Perks and Disadvantages of Being Bisexual

crankandburn

Perks:

1) it's easier to tell your parents. In their minds, "at least she's only halfway there." Plus they'll probably think you're just experimenting anyway.

2) it's easier for friends to accept

3) best of both worlds right?

Disadvantages:

1) people assume you are a slut. oh, and you get asked to join a lot of threesomes.

2) People assume you are "confused". This one makes the least amount of sense to me. Bisexual is a sexual orientation just like any other. Are gay people confused? no. bisexual people like guys, and girls. it really isn't that hard to wrap your head around.

3) no matter what gender person you are in a relationship with, you feel as if you're missing out on something. there are certain things you like more about girls, and certain things you like more about guys. So when you're with a guy, you miss the things about being with a girl and vice versa. it sucks.

4) people assume you are going through a "phase" or "experimenting". I had a lady tell me the other day "oh honey, you aren't bi, you're just experimental" and I whirled around and said "excuse me?". yes, I am aware that a lot of adolescent teens claim to be bisexual but really aren't. I am not one of them. I know who I'm attracted to, physically and emotionally. If I marry a guy, the world will see me as straight. If I marry a female, the world will see me as gay. but either way, I am not either of those things. who I am with has nothing to do with who all I am attracted to.

5) your boyfriend/girlfriend will always be more paranoid because they know they have two genders to look out for. especially when it comes to sleepovers with friends.

6) it's hard to find other, truly bi people.

7) you can create love triangles. which really sucks. I've created several myself.

So to sum up: there are a lot more disadvantages than advantages. but we are who we are.

Hrm... That is interesting..... When i was in a love triangle i didn't know it was because a member of the other party was bi. I thougth it was because she was desperate and stalkerish and didn't know when to let it go. Something I mistook as a personality flaw due to her insecurities. i did not think her sexual prefernces were responsible for placing me in such a position. I lived my life thinking that love triangles could apply to anyone. This is useful, This is very good to know and will revolutionize the way we handle our relationships.  

• 9 years later...
On 9/6/2014 at 12:43 AM, crankandburn said:

Perks:

1) it's easier to tell your parents. In their minds, "at least she's only halfway there." Plus they'll probably think you're just experimenting anyway.

2) it's easier for friends to accept

3) best of both worlds right?

Disadvantages:

1) people assume you are a slut. oh, and you get asked to join a lot of threesomes.

2) People assume you are "confused". This one makes the least amount of sense to me. Bisexual is a sexual orientation just like any other. Are gay people confused? no. bisexual people like guys, and girls. it really isn't that hard to wrap your head around.

3) no matter what gender person you are in a relationship with, you feel as if you're missing out on something. there are certain things you like more about girls, and certain things you like more about guys. So when you're with a guy, you miss the things about being with a girl and vice versa. it sucks.

4) people assume you are going through a "phase" or "experimenting". I had a lady tell me the other day "oh honey, you aren't bi, you're just experimental" and I whirled around and said "excuse me?". yes, I am aware that a lot of adolescent teens claim to be bisexual but really aren't. I am not one of them. I know who I'm attracted to, physically and emotionally. If I marry a guy, the world will see me as straight. If I marry a female, the world will see me as gay. but either way, I am not either of those things. who I am with has nothing to do with who all I am attracted to.

5) your boyfriend/girlfriend will always be more paranoid because they know they have two genders to look out for. especially when it comes to sleepovers with friends.

6) it's hard to find other, truly bi people.

7) you can create love triangles. which really sucks. I've created several myself.

So to sum up: there are a lot more disadvantages than advantages. but we are who we are.

So true But You Get The Best of both Worlds and The Worst of Both Worlds/I would not Change being Bisexual for Anything.