A question on self-injury

EmberHasIt

Are you guys ashamed of your scars? I didn't tell anyone about mine until someone saw them on my arms and showed the ENTIRE school. Everyone looks at me differently now. I'm very ashamed and I always have to wear sleeves because there are so many scars they've stopped fading.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not everyone on here cuts kid. dont stereotype by saying u guys cause u"ll have ppl come after u to straighten things out.k? and to answer ur question yeah i am(was) a cutter and i am not proud of it one bit.when i look at my scars,every time i look at my scars i am ashamed and get very melancholy. im sorry for what happened to you kid. KEEP UR HEAD UP AND DONT TAKE SHIT! take this advice from an ex-cutter,u r a beautiful person okay,dont hurt urself anymore..if you ever need to talk just pm me,k?

You know the minute I posted that I thought 'SHIT', and I was going to change the 'you guys'. I guess I figured that anyone who looked at "A Question On Self-Injury" would be or have been at one point. I know that not all emo people are cutters, o course. Sorry, my bad...

And I really appreciated that, thank you for support! I will remember to pm you sometime.

I honestly think this thread should be closed. There has been too many threads on this subject...and it's annoying. I know i sound like a bitch sorry for that, but it really does get annoying when almost every newbie makes a new thread on self injury. Just because the name of the website has the word "emo" in it, doesnt mean we should talk about cutting, burning, ect.

ditto with random girl. you have problems do it in PM or go and see a bloody psychiatrist. just because it says EMO talk, and people generally put two and two together, it doesnt mean LETS ALL TALK ABOUT OUR PROBLEMS AND BE SAD. soz bout your hardships and shit, but yeah, take it away. this kind of thing should at least be put in serious discussion >.>

Emo is a stereotype i understand y u put "u guys" bc everyone wheather they do it or not thinks about cutting. They may agree with me or not but everyone goes through this not just you girl.

I dont like talking bout myself but i have been cutting for 4 yrs now and im getting to the point where once a month i need stitches. My school found out out two yrs ago and it is starting to get better i still get the ocassional death threats and some girls even left razors in my locker But ive found a way to cope and u will too.

Get a bottle of Vitamin E and put tht on the scars everynight it will lighten them up a bit.

I know you wont stop cutting right away and no one can tell you too stop bc it isnt tht easy but try not to cut on ur wrists and mid thigh just bc there is serious veins there. Ik ull get through it bc im almost there =)

most likely cause u didnt cut deep enough, or u have certain skin traits,

but anyways we sould leave this thread cause there r pple out there who do and jst cause there were previous threads on this subject does not mean newbies are going to know about it

Aight, no more on this thread then. Sorry, being a noob I had absolutely no idea about Serious Discussion or PMing, I posted it out of pure misery in a not-thinking state.

I figured all the shit out and I think I shoulda waited for being able to PM, I wasn't allowed to on the old device.

Guest xxRisikaxx

im not ashamed. it's my past. it was stupid, sure, but i cant change what happened. they remind me of what happened, how i was and how the ones i love affect me and i 'relapse' sometimes but scars are just something i have to live with.

Guest xxBloody_Dramaxx

yes, i am ashame of my scars. ): i had reasons nd those reasons are in the sea now.. but everytime i look at my arm my emotions poor up to the sea and my eyes water out. it's so sad to see it. nd i got rid of a lot of them, but they'll fade as yu get older nd if yu want them gone yu some scar cream, my mom got me some merderma.

I scar pritty badly when i cut, but im pritty lucky at school cuz i dont get crap from people. basicly cuz our group is already known as the "emo" group at school, so no one even cares anymore. but every one in my group helps each other to stop cutting and get thru stuff so its a good group we have :)