Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

colormegone

share your life story if you care to

I'll go first:

I was born in New Jersey two minutes before my twin brother was born. I have a sister as well who's three years older than me.

By the time I was one I was diagnosed with epilepsy like my older sister and like her had to take medication for most of my life. What my family didn't say and couldn't say is why 2/3 of their kids had seizures, it was due to shaken baby syndrome. But as far as the doctors knew a hell of a lot of babies fell down the stairs in that house. My brother was lucky he never seemed to display any of the known effects really. But then I guess we're all lucky we didn't end up with learning disorders or, you know, dead.

Until I was in sixth grade I was affected by my father. For the majority of the time he was two drunk or hungover to do much but if you caught him at the wrong time you got the shit beaten out of you for breathing. None of us ever got it as bad as mom though, and she's still has a long way to go to heal.

Anyway when I was 12 he overdosed on some medication and while I don't like to dance on people's graves... we'll just say it wasn't the saddest funeral I ever attended. Except for the fact that my mother really loved him, she always said the man I knew wasn't the man she married. But she can do better, any man would be lucky to be with my mom :)

We've all had our share of depression/anxiety medication/therapy, but I have to say we've done okay. My sister got a perfect SAT score and is in college to become a medical engineer and I swear on everything I love she's going to save more lives than she will ever get credit for. My brother is in and out of the hospital for health issues but he still gets straight A's in school and makes friends literally everywhere he goes. I guess you could say I'm the bad egg haha ;) But I do alright in school and fell in love with acting. I've always kind of just done my own thing, never really made a lot of friends, (always seem to make a lot of enemies who never tried talking to me though haha oh well) but the friends I do have are the best people I'll ever meet and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I guess the rest is still to be lived

Ok if you read that you're my new favorite haha

I'd actually really love to read other people's life stories so if you want to share so don't be shy :)

• Upvote 1

I was born second youngest of ten children: 7 boys and two girls aside myself. The house I was born in was full of lead, it was in the water, the paint on the walls (of course) and it was in much of the soil that my brothers would track through the house. My mother wasn't aware and as a result i and three of my other siblings were diagnosed with lead poisoning (my mother was still pregnant with my sister when she realized the water she drank was tainted and had harmed her unborn baby). My affected siblings had learning disabilities and one was diagnosed with slight mental retardation. There were no symptoms of the lead poisoning in me, however. Not until I was about 15. I'll get to that later. I was an awkward, shy child and because of that I had very few friends then. I didn't fit into any groups, I was just the weird kid. For as long as I remember being in school I was that way. Eventually I learned to cherish being the outcast and became what many people define as "emo" even though I didn't know what it meant. I'm a black girl from Detroit, a very ghetto place... so everyone expected me to be interested in rap music and doing rather ridiculous and shallow things, like losing my virginity at 12 and having my first blunt at 10. I did neither. My mother sheltered all of us well from the streets and let us bloom into our own unique characters. I started to like rock and classic music, I dressed differently, I had a different definition of what entertainment was compared to the ignorance I was surrounded with. When I got to high school my "lone wolf" phase came to an end. 

I joined a military program called JROTC, there I learned to really speak to people and open up bit by bit. The people I met there became my bigger brothers and my Army instructor like a God father. There I learned how bright and happy I could be and I also learned how to be a leader ( a damned good one too!). During my tenth grade year, I started to have fainting spells... I couldn't concentrate, I became very ditsy and clumsy. My hair began changing colors over a course of a few months, seriously. Then one particular day I was walking home from school, discombobulated and confused. I remember making a slight noise, falling to my knees and thinking I was fainting again before suddenly waking in the hospital feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I was told I had had a seizure. Peculiarly though, they didn't find traces of it on my brain, so the doctors think I've feigned it. Since that day, April 16, 2011, Life has been something like a blur. I did not graduate my designated year because of the seizures. I'm a second year senior now, trying my best to make it to school even after waking with extremely stiff muscles and constant fainting spells. My family doctor thinks these seizures are a psychological effect of the lead poisoning, as well as my hair changing colors. I was diagnosed with conversion disorder in December of 2011. All the "friends" I had suddenly weren't  my friends anymore, I was ignored. So I tend to  want to keep to myself now. And well, that's all the significant points of my life. Sorry that it's so depressing, but it is what it is. Maybe I'll make another post about all the good stuff in my life too :3 

• Upvote 1

o.o

Im Mel. I was born in Puerto Rico. I have 5 older brothers and a little sister, theyre all my half siblings.

I was always spoiled, always given what I needed but always complained. My parents got fed up and sent me to live with my aunt and uncle in the states. They taught me how to grow up. They taught me how to hotwire a car, how to pay bills, how to play guitar, how take shots without chasers, they even helped me out on my drawing.

They helped me become who I am today. They helped me become a better person. They always taught me to not judge someone, to care about people (even if you dont know them), and to always be myself and to never change.They worked me like hell though. But Im still very much grateful to them and I am still very close with my family today.

• Upvote 1

I'm Melissa.

My dad grew up in Italy from birth until the age of 13, when he and his family moved to Sydney, Australia. My mum was born and lived in Germany until the age of 15 when she moved to Ismir, Turkey with her family (they're originally Turkish). Anyways. My parents met on a Turkish Airlines 747 plane, my mother was a flight attendant and my father was, and still is a pilot. My dad lived in America, and that is how my older sister and I ended up being born in Seattle, Washington. At the age of 3, I moved to Sydney, Australia and joined my Italian family. I attended the same public primary school that my dad, my aunts and uncles went to. I now go to a Catholic private high school, although I am an Atheist. In all seriousness, it's a pretty good school in terms of education and learning resources. I have many friends across all grades, 7-12.