Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Storm

Religion

I don't understand people we all believe what we believe so why is it when I stop believing in something my entire town goes on a mission to get me saved because "You'll go to hell if you're not covered by the blood of the lamb" it's ridiculous I don't tell you what to believe in so what gives you the right to continuously harass me with all your views and beliefs. If I want to be an atheist I will what right have you to tell me I can't? If you're a Christian I'm sorry but me and God aren't exactly the closet of friends and my religion is none of your concern so if I die and do go to hell then it is my choice so just leave "the you have to believe this" crap alone alone please

k

But this does not belong in Serious Discussion. You are not asking a question, or inspiring any discussion other than inspiring s00per 3dgy athiests to complain about religion.

I suggest moving this to Member Wars.

On a side note of nitpicky technicality, I think an actual atheist would not speculate that they will potentially end up in Hell as a consequence of their anti-theology. I mean, don't atheists disbelieve the existence of deities and all thereby attached precepts such as Heavens, Hells, and flying dwarf-baby-pygmy people?

Edited by Brick

OK, I'll bite. Explain to me why he should not have been banished, and hence, why he still deserves said name.

Its the internet, I dont need to be anybody to talk about anyone's religion or beliefs in any way I want. 

I was feeling lonely... So I kiked a girl and we started talking about our problems...

Me: no one loves me.

She: why?

Me: bc I'm ugly.

She: god loves you.

Me: I'm atheist ._.

She: that makes you uglier.

-I blocked her-

mmmh....This is my own opinion so go judge for i gives no fuck....

Honestly iam a Heathen (for all you empty minded idiots a heathen is someone who doesnt like church)

However i do believe in God....

and to me religion doesnt save you because at the end of the day....Theres only one man upstairs.

If people force you into a specific religion theyre quite wrong for doing that and if you wanna be atheist it is us to respect that because

you have your reasons. 

and no one really gives much of a fuck here....

Now if much people are observant they will know that religion can also come to war.

that can tear nations and communities apart just because everyone has different beliefs. sometimes the religion topic is best to leave alone.

As humans we dont fully understand everything in the world YET. We dont know if there is hell or heaven

until we die or whatever.

I have a friend who is indeed atheist and i have never disrespected because of that...

its wrong. and its wrong also for others to disrespect other people's belief....(do onto others as you'll have them do onto you)

if the people in your community are doing all this shit (SILENT HILL TWIST) then let them do  it 

dont judge them just like you dont want them to judge you for being atheist....If they wanna carry around some crazy crusade let them

dont condemn them because they dont believe what you do...NUFF SAID...

• Upvote 1

I don't understand people we all believe what we believe so why is it when I stop believing in something my entire town goes on a mission to get me saved because "You'll go to hell if you're not covered by the blood of the lamb" it's ridiculous I don't tell you what to believe in so what gives you the right to continuously harass me with all your views and beliefs. If I want to be an atheist I will what right have you to tell me I can't? If you're a Christian I'm sorry but me and God aren't exactly the closet of friends and my religion is none of your concern so if I die and do go to hell then it is my choice so just leave "the you have to believe this" crap alone alone please

Religion is the social equivalent of an epidemic. 

My couple of pence (:P):

Forcing someone to be in religion they don't want to be is not sufficient right of the said believer of said religion. Attempting to convert and forcing conversion are different things. 

I'm atheist now, but I hit my experiment teenage mindset a couple of years ago. I bounced from Christianity to Buddhism to Islam, and a few other smaller ones I don't remember the name of (sorry guys). I took my own few ideals from each religion and mixed them with my own ideals. Sane principle as a religion, couple of pointers on how to lead my life, how to treat others and an end goal. Why do I do this? Because it makes me more self contempt and self-secure. Isn't that what religion is about? Having a faith you know will always be there and you can put your trust in, and in most cases and being that will always love you? To make someone happy? Then why can't people just let themselves believe what they want so they can be happy and let others do the same, even if it isn't the same thing.