Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Ddraig

Do you think dragons existed?

Just wondering, I've seen this documentary movie with lot of evidence. And then believed they existed or they may still be alive somewhere hiding from humanity...So, what are your opinions?

Not the way people usually think of them. Probably T. Rex or similar and then people made up stories that became legends. If a T. Rex were to appear now it would cause quite a stir. A Pterodactyl flying around would too. Think about it. Huge skin over bone wings flapping making a sound like loose sails on a boat. Creepy. 

tbh i laughed a little to see this in the serious discussion... Well No i don't feel like they have. Although apparently there is a very logical explanation for the possibilty of one breathing fire if they did.

The reason I put this in serious discussion was because I want to know your opinions. Also, dragons are almost spread worldwide with lot of things to know about them (or maybe none)

I didn't think they did, but now I know that not only did they once exist, they still do. I know. I came across one. Right here on EP. Breathing fire too, and growling.

Who might that be? :)

Hm.

Well, dragons are considered mythological.

Originally, people believed in quite a few cultures, that their ancestors encountered actual dragon-like creatures. These stories were passed down from generation to generation.

Then archaeologists came along and found dinosaur fossils, which at first was believed to be the remains of dragons. But as time progressed even more, technology progressed and paleontology was born. Their result: these were dinosaur remains. But moreover, they discovered that dinosaurs were extinct long before the beginning of humanity. So these self-told heroic tales, passed down for centuries, were more than likely fabricated or exaggerated. It makes sense, because though a lot of cultures believed in dragon-like creatures, their descriptions sometimes differed. In some myths, dragons were miles long, and in others they were maybe.. 10 feet, tops. Some lived in forests, some underwater and some in ruins or caves. Its inconsistent.

Maybe dragons existed at one point. But I highly doubt they flew around, breathed fire, lived in caves protecting treasure, and ate people. Maybe they were just gigantic kimodo dragons or gators?

Edited by yeswaitno