Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Sarah1619

Amanda Todd.

How dare you. Do you guys even know what happened to her? She was stalked. She wasn't just tormented, her life was in actual danger.

Sure, she made one mistake. However, I can guarantee that you've messed up too, and that didn't cost you your life.

How would you feel knowing someone is tracking your every move? Someone much bigger and much more powerful than you controlling everything that happened?

The guy followed her from school to school to school. He/She sent texts to all of her friends. He/She did not leave her alone for one second of the day. If you were constantly tortured like this, you would break too.

We're not fawning over her because she's pretty (which, I happen to think she isn't).

We're acknowledging her because her situation is horrifying and can happen to any one of you.

Edited by Motelphone

How dare you. Do you guys even know what happened to her? She was stalked. She wasn't just tormented, her life was in actual danger.

Sure, she made one mistake. However, I can guarantee that you've messed up too, and that didn't cost you your life.

How would you feel knowing someone is tracking your every move? Someone much bigger and much more powerful than you controlling everything that happened?

The guy followed her from school to school to school. He/She sent texts to all of her friends. He/She did not leave her alone for one second of the day. If you were constantly tortured like this, you would break too.

We're not fawning over her because she's pretty (which, I happen to think she isn't).

We're acknowledging her because her situation is horrifying and can happen to any one of you.

^Stop jumping on bandwagons, you fucking prick.

There are people who are still facing much, much worse than she was.  In all honesty, there are ways to go around her situation.  Sure, they may be difficult, but they're not impossible.  If she didn't just send pictures of her tits and kitty, then she could've avoided this situation, right?  I mean, she was asking for it by sending them and making more.

Her actions shouldn't even be classified as mistakes.  Her actions are examples of foolishness.

Also, she got what she deserved.  The attention whore finally got her attention.

I'm not jumping on any wagon. No one deserves to die. I'm not saying her death is any bigger than anyone elses, but it's important to realize why she died.  

I used to think the exact same thing until I realized she wasn't a bad person just because she made mistakes. 

Edited by Motelphone

^Stop jumping on bandwagons, you fucking prick.

There are people who are still facing much, much worse than she was.  In all honesty, there are ways to go around her situation.  Sure, they may be difficult, but they're not impossible.  If she didn't just send pictures of her tits and kitty, then she could've avoided this situation, right?  I mean, she was asking for it by sending them and making more.

Her actions shouldn't even be classified as mistakes.  Her actions are examples of foolishness.

Also, she got what she deserved.  The attention whore finally got her attention.

Oh god this is actually still going on.

This girl was making a valid point. No need to attack her for sharing her opinion. 

Granted, what Todd did was indeed very foolish, she was a teenager, the amount of foolish things teenagers do is ridiculous. But she never asked for it. She never actually said 'oh please everyone torment me and make me feel suicidal'. Evidently she had a good body and enjoyed showing it off, and theres no shame in that, and true, it was a very bad idea of her to repeat her actions considering their initial consequences, but her actions did not deserve the bullying that she received. In that kind of situation it's wise to make friendly criticism, no one learns in a positive/constructive way from simply being shouted at and insulted

Her death is an ultimately sad thing and nothing but that.

What I completely disagree with is the media's representation of her death and the way it escalated, it went mad and people started abusing her situation. It was used as a selling point. No actions (that I know of) were made to rectify the situation and there has been no drop in the amount of bullying going on.

Also everything is relative, just because people go through worse doesn't mean she should have been more able to cope with the situation because it 'wasn't that bad'. 

Also, what do you gain from insulting a dead person? Or insulting anyone for that matter?

If anything, the sheer number of suicides and the way there is a rising epidemic in depression in everyone, especially teenagers, should make us pay more attention to the way we treat and respond to other people. Reprimand someone if they act out of order sure, but simply calling someone names isn't going to get your point across any clearer. 

Anyway I'm over how pissed I was off at the way everyone reacted to this (which explains but does not excuse my somewhat harsh response to this thread) 

I still believe there is not enough coverage and understanding of suicide, teen suicide especially. It needs to be talked about more seriously, at home and in school, and not just ignored. It's embarrassing how people don't understand how severe the consequences of their actions are, and I mean that in response to both the victim and people that took part in harassing her. This kind of mob mentality needs to be stopped. People just need to not be assholes to each other, it's really not that difficult.

I should go to bed.

• Upvote 2

Okay, so I'm sure most of you have heard about Amanda Todd. I honestly don't give that much of a fuck though. Sure I hate that she commited suicide for one little mistake but seriously this is what it takes for people to open up their eyes about bullying? This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about this.

When an ugly boy with bullys dies,  everyone bats an eye, but when a pretty girl dies because of something that was her fault everyone loses their minds.

When an african-american 11 year- old girl gets raped and murder, everyone bats an eye, but when a pretty white girl dies because of something that was her fault, everyone loses their minds.

When an ugly boy because of bullies kills himself,  everyone bats an eye. When a pretty girl dies because of something that was her fault everyone loses their minds.

When a 11 year old african american gir get brutally raped and murder, everyone bats an eye. When a pretty white girl dies because of bullies for something that was her fault, everyone loses their minds.

That 11 year old girl died on the same day that Amanda Todd killed herself. Which was bigger on the news and in the schools? There was nothing about pervention on rape and murder it was on suicide.

You want to know why?

When a little girl gets raped and murdered its not a big deal, you want to know why? Because the whole world doesn't care if a child dies.

But when a girl comits suicide that people cared about, naming parents and friends, they can sue and take legal action.

Tell me which one sounds more important to the justic system?

not trying to say she didn't have any mistake but she got bullied for her past mistakes and couldn't start a new life because of her past!in my opinion it's cruel!she got famous after killing herself!so practically it has no use for her now while that attention could save her and a lot of people who are not alive anymore. a lot of people stayed anonymous but i see no difference between them and Amanda Todd.!.

the thing im trying to say is it was a story of a person.why don't you see her as a person instead of a pretty girl that got famous because of her face?what's the point of a dead person in such a story being pretty or not!

if she was ugly would you say why do they bring ugly people higher or why did they just talk about black people?isn't it kinda pointless to think about such differences in suicide?

the video on youtube made a lot people see her pain from her point of view.many people didn't have a chance for that.but..it's not about the person being pretty,ugly or a girl or boy or being black or not..it's just about someone's ending her life.i think instead of Amanda Todd it could be anyone else!just the video made her story known.

but yeah i agree that it's been overrated.

Edited by evania

I've got to say that yes it is a sad loss to lose some one to suicide no one should haft to resort to that. Even this I've tried to end my own life 3 time :( but yes the only reason she glorified for it was (a) she was pretty and (B) she made a video explaining why she was doing it. And to end your life because of your own f$@k up is pointless

The only reason I tryed was because I had be bullied all through primary school and yrs 7,8 & 9 at high school, had just lost a family member to cancer and 1 year later had my mother diagnosed with it:( ( she's still fighting it its been 3years but staying strong ) yes people try/do commit suicide for different reasons but no matter what reason no one should get praze or glory for it

Actually she flashed multiple times *cough* ,but that ain't none of my business though....