the ''PM me '' trend

Guest Moon_Panda

Guest Moon_Panda

always when someone has a problem and they complain about it on EP then there is almost always someone who says - '' i uderstand, pm me if you just wanna talk about it, i will listen '' or something like that. so my question is - Will you actually PM those people who want to help you. or are you just moved by the nice gesture and move on disregarding they'r generouse offer to listen and be the shoulder you cry on?

my second question is - Why do you offer help like that? is it just because you have a sincere wish to help someone or is it something else?

i don't want to seem rude or anything, i just want to know.

Guest Emo4Lyf

Some people do want to rant to someone, and maybe that will help them feel better... but in maybe 90% of cases talking about something with some randomer online will do absolutely no good and in many cases people see it as a 'way in'.... which is all good and well but ends in drama often too.

Sometimes ppl write about their problems in public just because they don't know where to go with this. If I anserw to such posts I usually do it in comment and go priv only if this person wants me to or if it becomes too personal. Nvm. It may happen that the complaining one doesn't want to talk with sb but wants to show their problem to the whole world. What for? Idk. Maybe to make it feel guilty or just to feel better cause of letting it out.
Maybe it won't help to talk with a stranger but... Talking to anyone helps to clarify ur thoughts and look from perspective.
Sometimes i receive calls from my firnds who have problems. They don't expect me to help or to give them a solution. They just want me to listen.

Eh. At times ive done the "PM me" thing. But its mainly for what can be considered as more of a controversial discussion.

A few people have PM'd me after I extended my invitation for giving advice or being a shrink, but as Falafel said, I always tell people a person online is not near as effective as a person IRL. But I'd prefer they vent somehow, even if its only to a person online.