Fracking

Metules

What is your opinion on natural gas extraction (fracking)? Is it a good thing that can help us in the future with energy, or is it bad with its pollutants? (and yes i understand some people on this site will have to google, but please take care in your research with biased claims)

Guest Moon_Panda

well, it acutally depends on the scale and the equipment that is used. when the operation uses highend modern equipment then damages to the enviroment are minimal to none, at the point of extracting the gas, but what happens to the gas after it leaves the processing plants thats, a hole different story.

but pockets of it (like in syberia) going off is worse then slowly poisoning the world. so i do support natural gas as a viable energy resource but only to avoid natural disasters such as huge methane gas leaks that could potentialy poison the enviroment even worse.

This is really a question of "Do the ends justify the means" If it helps us later in life maybe it really depends where they get this recourse from,

I mean if this is used for everyday stuff like running computers then maybe we should ease down but if it were used for finding an alt fuel then most definitely.

I don't know much about fracking I've hardly heard of it but i do know they're planning on drilling in the arctic for fuel sources which is a big big mistake

See my concern is for the U.S. they got these machines spread out all over the place... and with that they create all these jobs for people from transporting materials such as the chemicals and water used to frack or simply working on the machine. It is an alternate fuel source and america has what some would describe as an "ocean" of natural gas underneath us. This is good for the reasons that we don't have to be so dependent on coal which is the source of energy america runs on mostly. It also gives us more time to find even better ways to harness energy. A couple of bad things though... Americans who live by these machines notice that their drinking water has these chemicals in them... surely this wouldn't be so much a problem if these chemicals were known about to most and would avoid drinking it to the mean of the population. But of course big businesses don't want to scare people and perhaps outlaw the process entirely... so they tell these people that their water is drinkable still... but these waters where tested all over the state from different people and found chemicals that cause different bad side effects to humans and animals. also the pollution created by the vapors of natural gas that isn't even being captured isn't the healthiest. So in my opinion... I think fracking should be only used as a stalling tatic just until we can find a massed produce way to capture energy effectively, environmentally and economic friendly 

Guest Moon_Panda

but stalling isn't actually neccesary, all the tecgnology we need to have free, clean energy, with no enviromental damage is already available.

there are many ways of safe and enviromentaly friendly sources of energy. such as solarpower, windpower, even wavepower and the most powerful and cleanest of all that would not run out in any way - GEOTHERMAL. and all of these are good clean energy resouces and the tecnology to use them to the fullest is available and just wind power alone, if used in just 2 states to it's fullest, could provide 50% of the U.S need for energy. solar power can be set up in the deserts and could be a massive power source as well. but the thing is it's not good economacaly, think about it. all these massive energy resources could sustain power for years with minimal cost and the productivity is so effician that there is actually too much energy, therefor electricity would be free. but that means no money into the pocets of the ''bigcheeses'' at the top of power companies. so you see, it's not beneficial, there is no income for this, this is why it's not being done today. there is no profit in having these energy resources because there is no income if they are being used 

i recomend you watch a show called - Zeitgeist - it is a very informative, and the best part is it's banned in the u.s television for the reason that it reveals just these things, how CIA puts up dictators, what actually happened in 9/11. it is a very interesting show. and it would answer many of you're question in the matter of energy usage. and it is very informative in many many other aspects as well.