Do you think music helps with mental health

Alyssa-Kay

Guest Moon_Panda

yes... i do belive it has. not just emotional but phisical as well. when ever i felt angry before i just smashed my fist into the nearest thing that would break. but since i discovered music that helps me calm down, property damage has been kept to a minimal. :) but in all seriousness listening to a good when i'm depressed, even if it's a depressing song,  is always good. kinda makes me feel better, like whenever i have some certain thaught then it is one of the few things that chase away those certain thaughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, music can help, it`s stopped me from killing alot of people or breaking things all tha great stuff, but at the same time it can make things worse, like if I`m extremly pissed off and i listen to metal or screamo anything really dark themed it gets worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When it comes to listening, it creates a mood for me.  It can help me, by giving me a brighter mood or a focused one, depending on which mood I have to be in for the moment.  However, it can also create a sadder mood or a fiery mood, and it's not necessarily helpful or productive.  Also, it makes my imagination work in coolbean ways, so it keeps me in creative mode.

When it comes to performing, it's a huge stress reliever for me. :D

Music definitely helps my mood. Like I'll listen to ska to make me happy, reggae to chill me out, metal or punk if I'm trying to motivate myself. I dunno, it just definitely has an effect on your mood ;} Performing music too, as Trish said, is an amazing stress reliever. It can help you control your emotions. 

Well I have played guitar for 6 years and if I'm without music or my guitars for to long I end up cutting its just something I need

I love metal and I have certain bands for certain things

Dealing with death - while she sleeps

Pissed off - bullet for my valentine

And depressed - bvb

• 2 months later...

I think yes it has helped with many things when emotional or trying to calm down

also it motivates when you are out doing something like running or a physical thing you are doing

for me it helps in those ways but also it puts me in a different state of mind one that I would

like to be in all the time where you can relate to the music and no longer be where you are but somewhere else

where no one can reach you