When Did You Start Your Transition Into "Emo"

Carpe-Noctum

Guest Moon_Panda

the look associated with the genre of music you mean. i don't know actually, i'v alwasy had this kind of ''darker'' sence of style.

leave the guy alone, he meant no harm and you all know how to play nice.

everyone has there own way to portray it so its not the same for everyone. not everyone looks the same and listens to the same music etc.

iv always liked the style music etc but i got into it the most round late 2011 early 2012 n thats wen i finally cud kinda look the way i wanted n as i got older i cud do more things to my appearance anyway...

i was always the innocent little blonde....but no one knew that i was like a little death devil in disguise n ppl always freak out everytime ppl see me in my causal clothes outside of skool ^vv^ ohhhh yes their faces are like WTF SHE DRESSES LIKE THAT!!?

I knew that i was into the emo scene when i first heard the mcr song 'teenagrs' funny enough it was my dad who was blasting it, i'd be there singing and doing the gerard way moves to it lol :tongue:

People always ask me that in school, like define to us what 'emo' means and i'm like why you couldn't give a crap anyway, and dude i'm kind of busy, slipknot are playing lol

the look associated with the genre of music you mean. i don't know actually, i'v alwasy had this kind of ''darker'' sence of style.

leave the guy alone, he meant no harm and you all know how to play nice.

The style of emo isnt ussually associated with actual emo style music, which sounds much more indie than anything else.

When some one is "emo" they usually associate emo with alt rock, metal, screamo, and other genres.

And yeah, if I came across as harsh, sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

This..makes me laugh. "Emo" started as a music genre- which unlike most people think it's NOT Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, ect. (as awesome as they may be) It's more like Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Simple Plan, Framing Hanley, bands that sound more light punkish or indie with depressing lyrics or angst-y lyrics describing a teen. But, today it is often seen as a type of style. High Fusion Mullet, dyed black, raccoon eye makeup, skinny jeans with rips and chains, fingerless gloves,excessive jewelry, converse- the kid probably identifies  them self as "emo". Everyone has their own thoughts on it, it's not retarded to think about it differently, maybe stereotypical, but not retarded, maybe it's stupid to some, but people think differently- get over it. 

Personally, I'd rather not label myself. When did I change from dressing like my mom was picking my clothes? (yeah I was that kid wearing button up shirts, glasses, and sitting in the corner reading Harry Potter or a historical fiction) About 5th grade. 6th I started leaning more towards "prep" to impress my "friends" then in 7th I wore darker and more alternative clothes while fitting dress code. Now? I just wear and listen to whatever the fuck I feel like on that particular day, from a band tee,dark makeup,a zillion bracelets and necklaces, skinny jeans with rips or extra zippers, and converse to a Tweety  bird shirt, boot cut jeans and..well either converse or leather boots. 

..and I'm rambling like an idiot...again..sorry...oh well. 

• 1 month later...

no it's a genre of music. You all are fucking retarded for thinking anything else.

If Your Going To Be Like That, Piss Off, Pushing Your Own Insecurities On Other People, "Emo" Although It Is A Genre Of Music, Is The Name People Call This Lifestyle, Because There Technically Isn't A Name For It

Birth. When the world was created music quickly followed. From genre to genre it hoped as the instruments became more advanced and technology proceeded the average drum. However I came out differently, as a Remix I had a tendency to change ALL genres, mix and mash them together into a different sound or audio. So I was pretty different from the get go although I can tell you right now me and Country do NOT like each other at ALL.

I like you Jaxxdarkstarz. You make sense and seem to have an open mind. I'm getting really tired of people like endofgreen15 and grapeman who keep shutting down people who want to have a conversation. If you really think emo is just a type of music, what the heck are you doing in the "emo talk" section anyway? You should be in the "emo music" section" -- or not on this site at all. I know that emo is a lot more than music to alot of people. For some it's music as well as a way of life. I like hearing the thoughts of other people who think so, so all you haters need to quit.

I like you Jaxxdarkstarz. You make sense and seem to have an open mind. I'm getting really tired of people like endofgreen15 and grapeman who keep shutting down people who want to have a conversation. If you really think emo is just a type of music, what the heck are you doing in the "emo talk" section anyway? You should be in the "emo music" section" -- or not on this site at all. I know that emo is a lot more than music to alot of people. For some it's music as well as a way of life. I like hearing the thoughts of other people who think so, so all you haters need to quit.

Really Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself, I Already Tried, I Don't Think What I Said Made Sense :)