Grammar Anyone?

UnwrittenDead

Please, may I ask why it is necessary for some to "tlk lik dis instd of tlkin lik a norml humn bein?" Fuck, that about made me vomit just typing as an example... *shudders* It really frustrates the Hell out of me when I have to decipher through a bunch of shit I can't understand when reading some people's posts. On here or ANY website. This is the internet, NOT a phone. Which, in my case, I don't even talk like that on a phone! I take pride in the fact that I know my language and can spell it out like it is meant to be spelled. Yes, everyone makes mistakes and no one can be perfect at grammar one hundred percent of the time but for the fucking love of everything lovable at least TRY! Hardly anyone likes reading that, you can spin it off however you want: "Well ALL my friends talk like this", or "Everyone I talk to doesn't care" Well Bitch, you and your friends are Boneheads! Go take a damn English class and Educate yourself please for the sake of us all that still have dignity. Another thing to think about...

PUNCTUATION!

That shit goes a long way let me tell you!

For EXAMPLE!

A woman: without her, man is nothing.

A woman, without her man, is nothing.

Understand my point now? Now please, type like you have some sense.

Please and thank you kindly,

~Cass

Please, may I ask why it is necessary for some to "tlk lik dis instd of tlkin lik a norml humn bein?" Fuck, that about made me vomit just typing as an example... *shudders* It really frustrates the Hell out of me when I have to decipher through a bunch of shit I can't understand when reading some people's posts. On here or ANY website. This is the internet, NOT a phone. Which, in my case, I don't even talk like that on a phone! I take pride in the fact that I know my language and can spell it out like it is meant to be spelled. Yes, everyone makes mistakes and no one can be perfect at grammar one hundred percent of the time but for the fucking love of everything lovable at least TRY! Hardly anyone likes reading that, you can spin it off however you want: "Well ALL my friends talk like this", or "Everyone I talk to doesn't care" Well Bitch, you and your friends are Boneheads! Go take a damn English class and Educate yourself please for the sake of us all that still have dignity. Another thing to think about...

PUNCTUATION!

That shit goes a long way let me tell you!

For EXAMPLE!

A woman: without her, man is nothing.

A woman, without her man, is nothing.

Understand my point now? Now please, type like you have some sense.

Please and thank you kindly,

~Cass

People win awards in books for grammar. Just thought i should point that out, Besides I'm British i can get it wrong if i feel like it.

Guest Moon_Panda

i'm with Cass on this one. if you have something to write then please write it so other people can read it. yes people get it wrong sometimes, but leaving out 1-2 letters just to save space and maybe half a second at the most is just horribly stupid. it would be the same as not opening your mouth when you talk.

Guest Emo4Lyf

Well technically your initial issue isn't a grammar one at all as "tlk lik dis" is actually a collection of spelling errors which people might try to pass off as a form of slang. If the spelling were correct then 'talk like this' is grammatically fine as part of a complete sentence. Also bear in mind a lot of people may actually be using the internet on their phone and as such they may find text-talk appropriate. 

Technicalities aside, I do rather hate it too and although you make a good point on punctuation, I do have to admit I'm not the best at that and will quietly shush. :P

Well technically your initial issue isn't a grammar one at all as "tlk lik dis" is actually a collection of spelling errors which people might try to pass off as a form of slang. If the spelling were correct then 'talk like this' is grammatically fine as part of a complete sentence. Also bear in mind a lot of people may actually be using the internet on their phone and as such they may find text-talk appropriate. 

Technicalities aside, I do rather hate it too and although you make a good point on punctuation, I do have to admit I'm not the best at that and will quietly shush. :tongue:

Very true ^_^ I just had no idea what else to call it... Word structure maybe? Well anyways, like I said I understand the phone thing.. that really can be a pain in the ass but a lot just do it to "save time" or because it is "easier" and I agree with you on the punctuation, I myself am not the best but I try. Because when writing, it's more appealing to see punctuation (even if it's wrong) than none at all.