Bleaching hair

Well when i finish school i want to try blue, pink, purple and red hair....obviously bleaching needs to be done. I want a hair dresser to do it prob the first few times for me but then i want to do it myself to save money....

Do you need like white hair for the colours to work? is it hard bleaching your own hair? how much would it be to bleach and dye hair neon colours for short boy hair like mine??

Generally speaking the whiter you bleach your hair, the more vivid the colour will be. For example, if you want to die your hair blue, and you only bleach it to that kind of bright yellow, or say it's white at the roots but the ends are still quite dark, you wont get the same colour the whole way through and theres a possibility that it will affect the colouration, it'll go slightly greenish, and will also not hold as well.

Bleaching your own hair isn't hard if you have a natural knack for things like this, I bleach my own hair then again I've had a lot of practice. Bleaching your whole head is slightly more difficult because you don't want to miss any patches, get a friend to help you if you're redoing roots maybe. Also, if your hair is super short, you probably wont go through hair dye that quickly, depends what brand you use :)

It's very damaging for your hair to bleach it, but if you take precautions you'll be fine. I've bleached my hair countless times for almost 3 years now, and I'm not bald and my hair is still pretty soft. Use really strong conditioner, maybe spray on/leave in conditioner after you shower, heat treatment serums, the lot. Generally it's a good idea to invest in a few products that will help restore your hair and stop it from going dry and brittle :)

I change my conditioner and shampoo quite regularly, but lately I've been using Aussie Colour Insurance spray in conditioner and VO5 heat protect serum, I try not to use hairspray too often too.

ohh okes. is it bad if bleach gets on your skin? Cuz i think ill be a bit messy :s

Would you bleach short hair the same way you would dye it? (like do the roots n then just moosh it everywhere)??

sooo wash it n condition it everyday? I hav greasy oily hair so i wash mine everyday cuz its really oily the next day and i hate it! (even thou its bad to wash everyday apparently...)

is there hair dyes that would last like 3-4 wks? or hold its colour for a while? cuz iv heard neon colours wash out heaps easily and i wash my hair everyday :/ is like the darker the colour the longer it stays?? and my hair grows insanely quick which is kinda annoying >.<

If you get bleach on your skin it's not that bad, but you don't want to leave it on there for the whole 45 minutes, just wipe it off. Also if you're worried about getting bleach  on your skin, or if you're only bleaching a section of your hair, you can get some conditioner and or moisturiser and it on the bits you dont want bleached. And yeah kind of I guess, I section my hair and do it in parts so that I don't get patches of darker hair where the bleach didn't get to.

If you have greasy oily hair you really don't want to wash your hair everyday. I potentially have quite oily hair, I certainly did have it before I bleached my hair and if I didn't wash my hair for too long, but washing everyday strips your hair of it's natural oils, and your scalp fights harder to replenish them. Try maybe washing your hair every other day. Also dry shampoos can help take out some of the oilyness. 
Most dyes say they last 3-4 weeks, and they do, (if you bleach your hair enough) but although your hair will be bright initially, it does slowly fade. You'd have bright blue hair the first day, and then a light pastel blue by the end.

You can help preserve your colour by washing your hair with cold water. It all depends really on the brand of dye you use, some are stronger than others :/ I'd say blue and red are probably the strongest colours... but then again I guess dark colours 'last longer' because they have more of a spectrum to fade out- it'll take longer to get to the pastel stage.