Jeff Hanneman's Funeral

Lucid-Nightmare13

I apologize in advance if I offend someone or miss out a piece of info but rather annoyed about this ...

Apparently there is going to be a bunch of Christian picketers outside Jeff Hannemans funeral with signs saying metal is wrong, god hates heavy metal music. Now I am not Christian, I have nothing against Christians (I have a few Christian friends) but seriously WTF guys ??? The man was a musical genius and inspired many many people and your going to stand outside his funeral and do that when his grieving family and fans are there ?? Do they honestly expect not to get torn to shreds ??
If you truly worship god then 1. you should realise how disrespectful that is (would you want someone at your funeral doing something similar to you ... doubt it) 2. Read your own ruddy commandments before you do something stupid ... what is that one eh Honour thy Neighbour or something ?? 3. Why not take a moment to think that if God really doesn't like metal music then why did he allow it to be created and why is a such a popular choice in music ??

Like I said I have nothing against Christians, you can believe what you want (Personally I am pagan/wiccan), each to their own and all that jazz but seriously when they get this out of control I really just want to turn round and disprove everything they believe in. Sorry.

Like I said I have nothing against Christians, you can believe what you want (Personally I am pagan/wiccan), each to their own and all that jazz but seriously when they get this out of control I really just want to turn round and disprove everything they believe in. Sorry.

^ Please don't do that.  You will only get yourself hurt by the ignorant, I tell you.

Also, mind you, there are different kinds of Christians.  There are Born-Agains, Baptists, Episcopals, and the list goes on and on.  Please don't generalize the others just because one is doing bullshit...

...Unless it's the Westboro Baptist Church, who are making this ruckus, then you can call them out.  Personally, I hate them too and I'm guessing many people do as well.

I don't mind the others. I as say, if you choose to believe in God then by all means go for it but its people at that particular church that are giving others a bad name. I am not slating Christians as a whole, it is just this group that I find ridiculous. They would go mental if someone stood outside shouting slander and abuse. Give the family some respect and leave them alone to remember someone that was obviously very close and dear to them.

He was such an amazing and inspiring artist and to have a bunch of ignorant and arrogant christian faggots protest at his funeral would piss me off beyond belief....Honestly I think someone should #BombWestboroBaptistChurch 

Edited by endofgreen15

This is the stupid side of religion. Being a Christian myself; and also a great fan of Slayer. I still find this appalling. Sometimes it makes me even embarrassed to call myself a Christian due to the stuff SOME others do. If this is true; its absolutely pathetic.

I agree with you on a bit of this; these people are not acting like Christians. It does not say in the bible ONE SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO SLAYER, so they need to calm down about it.

These kind of people make the world a sickening place, Westboro Baptist Church are an embarrassment to the Christian society. I am dreadfully ashamed.

Edited by Riddler

I love slayer and my dad knows the band personally and i am christian but the christians that are going to be doing this outside the funeral are fucked up in the head thats just wrong....jeff was a heavy metal god and one of my inspirations....rest in peace jeff hanneman i love you