piercings?

I'm thinking about piercing my ear/ears

so I have decided either industrial piercings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_piercing

or helix piercings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix_piercing

but the problem is I don't know if I can sleep on them (after the healing not during I know I can't during healing) cause I sleep to the side so should I pierce one ear and try to sleep on the opposite side or something?

also I just cannot sleep face up/down so don't tell me to change my sleeping position

It's advised that during the initial healing period you shouldn't sleep on the ear freshly pierced, this is especially important if it's a cartilage piercing. Trust me you don't want to sleep on that shit. Swollen angry ears are painful as flip and it'll just take longer to heal because they might start to embed. Either way it's generally not the best idea. You want to cause the least amount of irritation to any fresh piercing, and pressing the weight of your head against it isn't going to do any good. So yes, sleep on the un-pierced side, and don't get both ears pierced at the same time. You could obviously, but it wouldn't be fun.
Also, the healing period can take a flipping long time, so it's best to take that into consideration if you are only comfortable sleeping on one side. Once fully healed, it doesnt matter if you sleep on them because well, they're healed. But for example, I had my double tragus done, and it took just under a year for it to heal fully, during the healing period it would flare up if I knocked it, it would then embed, it would get keloids, and it was an endless cycle of pain and irritation.

Also I hope when you say 'piercing my ears' you mean you're going to have your ears pierced by a professional in a sterile environment etc :l .-. l: ._.

as a side note, my tragus is absolutely fine and doesn't have any keloids now.