Help...

OfRaJaa&Sirens

Lately I have no true friends, i feel alone most of the time. Everyone who hangs out with me just does it to "hang out with the emo kid". I just wish there is someone out there that will listen to me and help me and just be a friend for once. Isnt there someone like that anymore

Well, is your identity wrapped up in being the "emo girl"? If not, than tell them so. Maybe they think that is what you are soley focused on.

You're fairly lucky people want to hang out with you, since most "emos" seem to be avoided and treated like shet instead of being around the person.                

If you think of it, people always hang out with popular/hottie/supertalented people because they want to be cool. But these people, they hang around with you, an emo, which most would consider "uncool". Seems to me you have some people who possibly actually want to be friends.

However, if all you want is someone to listen to you and help you and tell you that you are right to be depressed and be your friend...

I think you want a robot, not a human.

Anyhow. Process your situation. Think to yourself, is there anyway that I can be a friend? Thats how you make true friends. by being one.

Edited by HopeUnveiled

Well the thing is that here were i live there are no "emos" so seeing one would be really cool. Let alone dating one would put u on top of the "popular" chart in my school. So everyone does it just to be cool and when your accually in a problem and you want help suddently all those "friends" are either too busy or they just say that they dont care.

Well the thing is that here were i live there are no "emos" so seeing one would be really cool. Let alone dating one would put u on top of the "popular" chart in my school. So everyone does it just to be cool and when your accually in a problem and you want help suddently all those "friends" are either too busy or they just say that they dont care.

So dont be emo. That or tell these people to get lost. Make them uncool bacause they cant hang out with an emo anymore.

Sides, its not outwards appearance that makes one "emo", if "emo" is anything, it should be a mindset.

Then tell them off.  Scream, throw things and yell "Fuck you, I'm not what you think I am."  Shock them all.  Then again, that advice isn't for everyone and I've never done precisely that...  But you get me, right?

Get your point across that you're not emo by doing something that they never expect you to do.

...Or maybe I'm just being idiotic with my own experiences?

You need to act positive & friendly to those around you to make friends. 

Don't ever tell people your problems if you barely know them; don't ever tell them you're upset. Because people don't want to hang around with  the negative kind of people. Its hard when everyone you know is happy & smiley but deep down some of those people will feel EXACTLY like you. I do know how you're feeling; I really do. Out of my entire life I have only recently found true friends. But I'm telling you now; you will make friends.

Don't label people 'emo' too. Especially yourself. Calling someone "popular" because they're not "emo" is awfully stereotypical. Some popular kids are really lovely. You need to be POSITIVE to get friends, don't just ignore people who are not like you.

I have 3 extremely close friends. All of them are shockingly different; except for 1 thing. We all obsess over Harry Potter. 

So my advice is be kind, positive and friendly to those who are maybe a little different to you. You will make friends.

Edited by Riddler

Make friends in an alternative setting and try not to limit yourself to just the people you meet at school. Speaking to people with common interests (such as art or music) will probably create a stronger friendship.

Basically, avoid materialistic/superficial people. It doesn't matter what makes you "cool" in High School because none of that really matters in the real world.

Find a few good friends and hold on to them. 

• 2 weeks later...