Depression. Help.

Alexia Biersack

Hi guys.

I suffer from depression. I would just sit in my room and cry over and over. I used to cut but stopped. Now I wanna cut again so bad but I'm trying not to. I don't feel well. I need help but I can't tell anyone about it. I don't wanna be called crazy or anything like that. I'm writing this while crying. I need help. I don't wanna go to any doctor. What should I do? Should I talk with my friend about it? But I don't wanna be judged. :(

You realize you need help, that is the first major step, congrats for that.

Girl, go listen to the happiest shit you can find. I suggest Jason Mraz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJV_mNkzQ-M

While listening to this, get a piece of paper and write down every single thing you can count yourself lucky for, every single thing you are thankful for, every single thing you have the privilege of having. Look at life from a perspective of thankfulness. Not saying you are an inconsiderate brat, but living from this perspective changes a lot of things. Count your blessings.

You are NOT crazy. Depression is a medical condition that thousands, even more than that, suffer from. Going to a doctor is recommendable.

If this person is your friend, the last thing he/she should do is judge.

If you dont feel you can trust a friend, message me and we can talk. I dont judge, but I will give you the facts as I see them, and it may sound harsh at times.

Best of luck.

I agree with that ^

Anything that's bringing you down, you have to find away to "beat" it with positive thoughts or solutions. Self harm is not a solution, it gives a small release, but adds to the bad feeling afterwards. Find a better, healthier release through creativity, sports, or some other activity. Writing, art, acting, singing, helping others, ect. all have helped people before, you just need to find something that makes you happy.

Think of all the good moments you've had, and work to make more of them.

Friends should be there, without judgement, but I understand that sometimes it feels to hard to talk to them. When I can't talk to my friends I talk to my "online friends", people I can talk to on websites like this one, or email when I feel down. People who won't judge, because they understand, and have felt the same way. People who make me feel good about myself. If you find people like this, you can talk to them, and let all your feelings out. Talking to someone on a regular basis about your positive, and negative feelings can help.

If you ever want to talk you can message me, and I'll listen, comfort you, and give advice if you want.