I have a question...

Well i was having an arguement with one of my friends and she said that a person is not born with a certain sexuality he just develops it if he wants to... I mean i totally disagree u cant just tell someone to be something other then straight and he cant develop those feelings unless hes born with them! What do u guys think? I just wanna kno everyones opinion

Guest briannah brutalia

well some people are just hard headed oviousouly (sorry for my crappy spelling) she is not a real friend if she thinks your orentation is a crime so its prolly better she is out of your life

people who think your able to choose your sexual preference is retarded. Your born that way nothing more to it. It's been proven as well. Doesn't really matter if people were or weren't "meant to be that way" can't change your genes. It is what it is

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I agree but if she "hates" you for being bi then she's not a true friend and you shouldn't try so hard to convince someone to except you again if they didn't accept u in the first place

Hope I worded that right :)

I'm guessing your trying to get her to accept you then again idk the situation but ill shush now c:

I don't think sexuality is as simple as making a choice.

Making choices which result in the exploration of your sexuality may also result in sexual flexibility but that's not you choosing to be a certain sexuality, it's just you awakening new interests.

I do think people can be 'born this way' but I also think that everyone is somewhat inherently bisexual and is capable of being attracted to both sexes in one way or another but aren't due to various reasons. Just a theory of mine really. 

To somewhat solidify my idea that you can enter your sexuality at any point during your life, my mother considered herself straight her whole life pretty much, only ever had relationships with men, never really considered having relationships with the same sex. One day she happened to meet her current partner, and is currently in the beginnings of a long term relationship with another woman. 

You can't force yourself to be attracted to a specific sex, and no one should be.

I can't wait for the day when your sexuality is about as important as the colour of the socks you are wearing.