does anyone hide their true self from family or friends?

Rawr I love you

Yes, I generally hide my true self from people.

Why? Because I'm fucking repulsive when left to my own devices. That's why I need a wife.

everyone thinks I am a bright always happy crazy girl but really I am usually mad or hurt all the time I get on stuff I shouldn't like this website because it helps me get undepressed I usually self harm so really if anyone really knew what I did like my moms and dad they would be ashamed, disgusted, and so many other things so I hide

my true self

what exactly is your true self?

Guest Moon_Panda

everyone thinks I am a bright always happy crazy girl but really I am usually mad or hurt all the time I get on stuff I shouldn't like this website because it helps me get undepressed I usually self harm so really if anyone really knew what I did like my moms and dad they would be ashamed, disgusted, and so many other things so I hide

my true self

to some extent i'm just like you, but i don't pretend to be happy or interested in something. yeah, i flash a smile here and there but if i'm realy hurt and sad then i pull back from everyone, often times i have walked 10miles in the rain cos i don't want people to see me cry.  when i feel something then i show it, those rare moments when i'm happy then anyone can tell i'm happy, but if i'm sad or angry then i don't have to tell people, they just stay away until i have cooled down.  

the point is that you don't haveto pretend to be this all american barbie girl. just be who you want to be. you don't haveto tell people your life story just, just stop acting like everything is ok when it's not. it's ok to be sad, angry, depressed or whatever. if you keep hiding it behind lies and smiles then you will never be rid of it. no matter how much you push it down, these feeling will never go away until you have let go of the illusions of how people see you. stop lieing and smiling, have a meltdown, do a rage-quit. trust me you'll feel much better once you get this out of your system. 

I do not hide anything about myself, but i do choose what i let people know about me. Not because i don't want them to know something about me but because i know what there reaction would be. Has nothing to do with me being afraid of what they would think but what i feel they would understand or accept. Not everyone shares my thoughts or opinions on matter nor do i expect them to. I don't waste my time and effort on the many who don't care to listen.

I Don't understand this Question. Is hiding your mannerisms ingrained in society? It sounds like it gives a tremendous affect on peoples perspective on themselves. That scares me I would not know how to interact with people like that. It's no wonder why I only have 4 friends in the real world. Actually it's really not that surprising....

This is not one of those "oh I don't see what you mean cause I'm a total solciopath." I'm just saying, If you're gonna have friends they are suppose to know all your insecurities or you will never be comfortable, you'll never let your gaurd down and i just don't see how the friend thing works if you're under pressure all the time in thier company. "You don't like me? okay don't be in my life then. Bye bye." Easy yes?

I hide as much as I can, only a few people know the real me. It's like the happy and sad face masks drama club always hangs on a wall, to people I keep the cloak of happy, but underneath I'm just sad, lonely, and mad at the world; and I hate it. I never get to be the real me, I hate being a fake person

to some extent i'm just like you, but i don't pretend to be happy or interested in something. yeah, i flash a smile here and there but if i'm realy hurt and sad then i pull back from everyone, often times i have walked 10miles in the rain cos i don't want people to see me cry.  when i feel something then i show it, those rare moments when i'm happy then anyone can tell i'm happy, but if i'm sad or angry then i don't have to tell people, they just stay away until i have cooled down.  

the point is that you don't haveto pretend to be this all american barbie girl. just be who you want to be. you don't haveto tell people your life story just, just stop acting like everything is ok when it's not. it's ok to be sad, angry, depressed or whatever. if you keep hiding it behind lies and smiles then you will never be rid of it. no matter how much you push it down, these feeling will never go away until you have let go of the illusions of how people see you. stop lieing and smiling, have a meltdown, do a rage-quit. trust me you'll feel much better once you get this out of your system. 

yea I know I try but I just instead try and get lost in music or something I have never been good at showing my full self I only show a few people but rarely I will not show if I am sad or mad I absolutely will not cry in front of someone I hate it and I don't act like a Barbie doll I'm far from it I don't know what I would call it but no Barbie doll. I don't care what people think I just don't tell them if they ask about me and if they do not ask then it's all fine

yes at times

im a bit confused wats my true self

the one my friends see

the one my family see

one I see

my friends sees silly girl

my family innocent weak goodie goodie

I see a girl that can create mayhem and tragedy controlled

I hide that from them that person I locked up that monster ... so that I can still be loved.

I hide my madness from them

My parents threw me in a Catholic school because they saw a tiny but of the real me. I had daily fights with priests because I wouldn't say their Hail Marys or other bullshit prayers, I gave up on god when "he" abandoned me and left me to become the depressed and lonely person I am today.

yes at times

im a bit confused wats my true self

the one my friends see

the one my family see

one I see

my friends sees silly girl

my family innocent weak goodie goodie

I see a girl that can create mayhem and tragedy controlled

I hide that from them that person I locked up that monster ... so that I can still be loved.

I hide my madness from them

I totally understand.. it sucks

I Don't understand this Question. Is hiding your mannerisms ingrained in society? It sounds like it gives a tremendous affect on peoples perspective on themselves. That scares me I would not know how to interact with people like that. It's no wonder why I only have 4 friends in the real world. Actually it's really not that surprising....

This is not one of those "oh I don't see what you mean cause I'm a total solciopath." I'm just saying, If you're gonna have friends they are suppose to know all your insecurities or you will never be comfortable, you'll never let your gaurd down and i just don't see how the friend thing works if you're under pressure all the time in thier company. "You don't like me? okay don't be in my life then. Bye bye." Easy yes?

yea i only have one true friend and she is my cusion i mean i have alot of friends just no one i can talk to