what age is right to you?

haiimaRAWRR

No specific age (although obviously sex related things I'd say probably definitely after hitting puberty wow jeez) 

I go with the whole do what you want when it feels right but never let yourself be pressured into anything. And always question yourself, make sure you're sure etc. Theres no rush. 

Guest Moon_Panda

1. i was 10

2. does a girlfriend count? if so, i was 13.

3. 15

4. yeah... i'm a dude, so i can't get pregnant.

5. never, it's pointless!

satisfied?

• 2 weeks later...

First real kisses imply an actual real boyfriend/girlfriend. I dont think you really need to be dating until you are actually interested in a marriage. After all, thats technically what dating is all about. Finding the person right for a long term commitment. My morals tell me no sex before marriage, so obviously, no pregnancies before marriage. At 18, you dont really have any idea what life is about, hence, no idea what you need in a life time commitment from another person. Once independent and able to support yourself, is the good time for marriage. Once able to support a child, is a good time for kids.

Sex is illegal if you are under certain ages depending on certain places.

All of that said, hopefully you can see its not about age. At all. (excluding the illegal aspects of sex [also, I think sex includes oral sex, however cloudy the issues on that may be] )

Its about where you are emotionally, financially, personally, and morally. Maturity. The same applies to the opposite party.

Things change so much with this topic. The original intent for dating was to find someone you find suitable for marriage. Thats really not the case anymore. Dating at such a young age really is just for ones own enjoyment. The people you date while being around 14 are not going to be the same people when there 20. With the ruined intentions of the purpose, doesn't really matter anymore why. What defines a REAL bf/gf? The way i see it, if your actually in a good position to be able to be independent for yourself and able to live on your own to have an actual meaningful relationship as far as supporting each other and not just using each other. Even the significance of marriage has lost it's meaning. I don't really have an opinon on when for many of those questions simply because there is no general rule. So it's just whenever you want. Your choice of actions WILL effect your life significantly good or bad. Just hope you learn something from them.

Things change so much with this topic. The original intent for dating was to find someone you find suitable for marriage. Thats really not the case anymore. Dating at such a young age really is just for ones own enjoyment. The people you date while being around 14 are not going to be the same people when there 20. With the ruined intentions of the purpose, doesn't really matter anymore why. What defines a REAL bf/gf? The way i see it, if your actually in a good position to be able to be independent for yourself and able to live on your own to have an actual meaningful relationship as far as supporting each other and not just using each other. Even the significance of marriage has lost it's meaning. I don't really have an opinon on when for many of those questions simply because there is no general rule. So it's just whenever you want. Your choice of actions WILL effect your life significantly good or bad. Just hope you learn something from them.

Or Better yet, learn from others choices so you dont have to take risks.

Each to their own. I had my first kiss at 15.... haven;t had se, but I know kids at my school that are 12 and have had it. I find that utterly disagreeable, but as I stated before each to their own.

And don't get me started on marriage..... it's a terrible thing. I would hate to be stuck in the same relationship for years with theonly way to escape being taking legal action. That costs way too much, added onto the original cost of the wedding and honeymoon, it's an extravagent amount to spend on someone that you will probably end up hating anyway. Just saying

I dont think you really need to be dating until you are actually interested in a marriage. After all, thats technically what dating is all about. Finding the person right for a long term commitment.

You shouldn't make such sweeping statements like this, portrayed as fact when they are 100% opinion and an opinion clearly not held by everyone.

For one, nobody 'needs' to be dating ever, it's a choice that most people seem to make, however the fact that you should be interested in marriage to be dating is completely preposterous. Not everyone wants to get married for a variety of reasons and simply ignoring these reasons to support your own point is rather unwise.

Next, not everyone wants long term commitment. People who look to the future, 'long term' and marriage early on in a relationship are often seen as creepy and clingy. While plenty of people do this, it's far from normal. The point of a relationship varies from couple to couple, with many just enjoying the simple things, spending time with someone they like or... sometimes just sex.

Finally, though I argued the points individually, you say dating isn't important unless you're considering marriage as dating is for a long term commitment. Long term commitment does NOT equal marriage, they are two completely separate entities. Marriage may have originally meant 'forever', but you only have to look as the number of divorced couples today to realise this simply isn't the case any more. People can have a long term relationship without marriage, and people can get married before having a long term relationship and even be divorced before they've hit 'long term', don't mix the two up. Marriage incorporates elements of the law and technically religion as well, not everyone wants this - but that doesn't mean they don't want, or deserve, a relationship.

At 18, you dont really have any idea what life is about, hence, no idea what you need in a life time commitment from another person. Once independent and able to support yourself, is the good time for marriage. Once able to support a child, is a good time for kids.

If you really believed your own words here, then it's bizarre you think you've obtained such wisdom a mere year later than having no idea about life.

But honestly, if you think you shouldn't date until being interested in marriage then I slightly feel bad for anyone who you end up dating, because that's a really clingy/creepy mindset to go in with.

what age I believe my future daughter should (or plan on/had)
1) have your first kiss- 25
2) first real boyfriend- 25

3) have sex- 25 MARRIED FIRST

4) get pregnant- better be getting married or God sent

5) get married- 25 NOT MARRIED FIRST

jk ... kinda

You shouldn't make such sweeping statements like this, portrayed as fact when they are 100% opinion and an opinion clearly not held by everyone.

For one, nobody 'needs' to be dating ever, it's a choice that most people seem to make, however the fact that you should be interested in marriage to be dating is completely preposterous. Not everyone wants to get married for a variety of reasons and simply ignoring these reasons to support your own point is rather unwise.

Next, not everyone wants long term commitment. People who look to the future, 'long term' and marriage early on in a relationship are often seen as creepy and clingy. While plenty of people do this, it's far from normal. The point of a relationship varies from couple to couple, with many just enjoying the simple things, spending time with someone they like or... sometimes just sex.

Finally, though I argued the points individually, you say dating isn't important unless you're considering marriage as dating is for a long term commitment. Long term commitment does NOT equal marriage, they are two completely separate entities. Marriage may have originally meant 'forever', but you only have to look as the number of divorced couples today to realise this simply isn't the case any more. People can have a long term relationship without marriage, and people can get married before having a long term relationship and even be divorced before they've hit 'long term', don't mix the two up. Marriage incorporates elements of the law and technically religion as well, not everyone wants this - but that doesn't mean they don't want, or deserve, a relationship.

If you really believed your own words here, then it's bizarre you think you've obtained such wisdom a mere year later than having no idea about life.

But honestly, if you think you shouldn't date until being interested in marriage then I slightly feel bad for anyone who you end up dating, because that's a really clingy/creepy mindset to go in with.

Bruh, she asked for my opinion, I gave it. Did someone put a laxative in your cheerios or something?

If you look carefully, you might see that I said "I think" before I divulged what I think. Thus, implying it was after all, my thought. Thoughts held by a person are generally unique in some form or another. Oh wait, thats whats called an opinion. I was not portraying my opinion as something 100% fact. I was portraying it as what it is. My opinion. You dont see me arguing with other people in the thread like "no, you are wrong, and I just happen to be a wise 19 year old who knows whats best for your life) Nah, brah, the opposite.  I haven't dated a single person in my life(weird for 19 eh?) What I have said, I have picked up over the years from people far older than me, people who have been in these long term relationships for up to 50 years. I think its completely fine to listen to them instead of going out there and making all their mistakes all over again just to get the point.

I did say "technically", I was wrong with using that word. Technically, there apparently is no real definition for "dating" aside from listing times and places in the past. Dating is a modern word used by lots of people with lots of definitions.  I think a point of confusion here is the term, "long term relationship"

In the question when she first posed it, she mentioned a real boyfriend. A real boyfriend, implies a "real" relationship, in my book, a relationship that lasts a couple of months is no real relationship. Hence, a real relationship is a long term one. What most teenagers practice today are not real relationships, they are... Something else, for lack of any word that comes to mind. Its something done largely to fit in socially, to entertain themselves, and to some extent, scope out the situation on what sort of people they would like to seriously date in the future. And I am not against them doing so, in fact, I will join the crowd, only slightly more mature, so I wont be wasting time, emotions, and money with a couple zillion GF's and have to go through the trouble of changing my facebook status each and every single time. 

As for your comments on dating with marriage in mind, its not like marriage is the only thing I want to focus on. It is the end goal. And of course Im not going to date only when Im interested in marriage. That defeats the whole purpose. Im going to date and spend time with different people, size them up and compare to whom I am most compatible, and then, move on to dating with the interest of marriage. Its like a triangle, you start with a wide range, and then it gets narrower and narrower, until it is focused on one sole person.  All while having a good time doing what you pointed out, "just enjoying the simple things, spending time with someone they like"  My opinions on marriage are exactly that, opinions. I was not forcing them on anyone, while you seem to be relating them back to me as if I was declaring gravity a farce. Seriously man... If you are going to lecture someone on opinions, I think you have the wrong person here. But that might just be my opinion.

Edited by HopeUnveiled

Really depends on the person. Everyone is different and everyone has different maturity levels. Some people might not feel comfortable with a boyfriend/girlfriend yet while others do already. I say not to rush into things. Take it slow and the outcome of everything will be better than what might happen if you do rush things...

1. Any age above 13+ is good to have your first kiss (provided it isn't a full-fledged make out session) I had mine at 14.

2. Again, any age is good, but probably when you are 17-19+ might be when you're slightly more mature about it?

3. Welp if you wanna do it legally, 18+... But I don't think there is nothing wrong with waiting until you are in your 20's.

4. I personally think mid-20's is a good age to get pregnant, provided you and the person are wanting to intentionally "try."

5. Mid-late 20's is a good age. Because you've had time to enjoy your young adult life and you know what you really want.