Do you want to go to prom?

haiimaRAWRR

I was suppose to go to my prom this year, in england you only have one prom really and thats at the end of secondary school, i was suppose to go, got the dress and everything BUT the school then decided to not let me go because of my illnesses and Marie's. I was so mad. If i ever had the chance, i would go. I would put on a stupid dress and heels. I would do my make up and everything to perfection and i would go to that stupid damn prom. Because even though i hate all that stuff its an experience that i, myself, will never get so... yeah, i guess i would go.

You guys are stupid. Your missing out on an opportunity some people dont get! Who actually want it so bad. Imagine how many teenage girls are in hospital, all around the world. Now imagine how they would feel about getting the opportunity to go. But imagine what its like to NOT get that oppitunity huh? To not have a say, to never get to get all pretty and be a princess. And you guys pass that up because of the clothes? Thats the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. And to be honest? its degrading.

I dont know who this question was directed at, but I wouldnt want to go to prom. Its just not my cup of tea. I also don't have the money to get everything that I'd need. Its like, $80 to get a ticket to get in the prom alone. Its ridiculous.

I agree with Jem. When I was younger, I used to think things like that wasn't for me. But I just adore dressing up and getting my hair, nails and makeup perfect for the big night. And wow Tony /: My prom dues start around October and it's like $35 and after Christmas it raises to $45. And guest get in free. I'm actually looking for prom dresses now. I'm thinking of doing the traditional white dress that seniors wear. But I'm not entirely sure. I have about 9 months to figure out but honestly I can't wait. It's a wonderful experience and something you don't want to miss out on. Same as Homecoming. It's just so much fun to go and dance with some friends and just letting go for a night, then going out to eat at like 11 P.M. at IHop or something. I hope you guys change your opinions. If not that's you, of course. But I know that I couldn't let a special exprience like that slip through. I went my sophomore year to prom but it wasn't that great because well, I was a sophomore. I didn't go my junior year because it honestly doesn't matter then. It's your senior year that's when its just plan out amazing <3

Edited by Lizziefershure

I kinda don't want to go to "prom" we don't call it prom here, it's just graduation dinner and you have dinner get a certificate and dance at the end. It's going to cost $80+ just to get a ticket, when the teachers don't have to pay, and family members are encouraged to come but they too have to pay the $80+ entry fee. You don't get to pick your food, it's put in front of you, unless you have an allergy or special dietary requirements. And then all the girls will judge the dresses most likley. The girls at my school created a facebook page for graduation cause "no one is allowed to get the same dress or colour" and every girl is expected to put up a photo of their dress, no way I'm not doing that. Also they expect every girl to get a long dress, "short dresses wont look good and they'll ruin the photos(that includes knee length ones) stuff that I'm wearing a short knee length dress, and on top of that its black. Seriously I'm kinda over it already. But I want to go, as it's a night with your best friends, you all get dolled up and supposedly everyone puts their differences aside and has fun. I'm going as I've already got the dress and well my friend would kill me if I didn't let alone my mum. It's an experience worth having at least once, I mean you can't go back and do prom in another 20 years time, so why not enjoy it now. 

Ours is for graduating high school. Even if I didnt have a date I would still like to go. A decent excuse to make yourself look pretty and have one last night with friends as students. Its a time to feel like FUCK YEAH I HAVE FINISHED SCHOOL! NOW TO DO NOTHING WITH MY LIFE! haha but yeah its supposed to be a night of enjoyment all dressed up with fancy food and friends finally finishing school Cx why wouldnt i not go? xD Plus I LOVE my dress tehehe

Prom? I skipped every god damn one of those despite being asked or invited save for one. 'The Punk Rock Prom' was my only exception, why? Dat theme yo. It was something I, as a fashion crack head, could work with. It also provided ample room to assume there would be good music. I walked into that building not knowing anyone but my fellow Electronic Music loving homie Michi, and walked out queen. I dunno how it happened. Awkward as fuck as they had to call my name multiple times before I realized "Oh hey...maybe there isin't another one by that first and last name I MUST be trippin'"

Would I do it again? No. Was there actually good music? It was meh. Worth it? Not relleh. Plans for the future? Ditch to raves.

Nuf said.

• 4 weeks later...