Heeeelllpppp please!

XxivyxX

So I currently have red hair and I want to dye it a different color. Problem is.. Reds a bitch to get out. I really dont want to bleach and fry my hair alot just to get the color out. So do u guiise have any suggestions on which colour to get?

Well if its a bitch to get out or lingers as a background hue dying your hair black and it having a slight tinge of red would look awesome

Ok cool maybe ill try that. I was originally planning to do purple and teal on my hair but I didnt want to fry the cookies out of my hair.

Yea last thing you want is your hair to look like it got caught in the toaster. I personally have no experience with dying my hair (parents are in the military, soooo strict) but in an attempt to get it dyed i did alot of studying on it

Ive been wanting to get my hair dyed since I was five, so yep all these years ive been begging my ass off. I finally got it dyed this year in march and it was pink. And dont worry... My parents are now conservatives eventually they will let u dye ur hair. Have u tried washout dye??

My moms excuse for me not getting my hair dyed is that I "might have an allergic reaction to the chemicals and my hair will fall out" but yet she gets her hair dyed all the time. Hypocrite much?

Wow, that must suck alot. One time I told my mom that it was either me getting my hair dyed or me getting a tattoo. Obviously im too young to get a tattoo but the idea freaked my mom out so she eventually let me get my hair dyed. And I get washout dye at Walgreens but its the Splat brand

Red hair is difficult to remove, I suggest using an artificial colour stripper like this one HERE. Ive used it before and it's pretty good at getting dye out of your hair without frying it. 

If you're not interested in that, *don't* dye your hair black, as most black dyes are red based anyway and are even harder to remove than plain red. I suggest dying over the red with blue colours until the red pigment has been replaced, or if you're really set on black then dye it a blue shade of black. 

Red hair is difficult to remove, I suggest using an artificial colour stripper like this one HERE. Ive used it before and it's pretty good at getting dye out of your hair without frying it.

If you're not interested in that, *don't* dye your hair black, as most black dyes are red based anyway and are even harder to remove than plain red. I suggest dying over the red with blue colours until the red pigment has been replaced, or if you're really set on black then dye it a blue shade of black.

What shade of blue would I have to get, and any brands recommended?

Any shade of blue really, you're trying to neutralise the red tones. It'll go purple first (it should do, maybe auburn) and then slowly bluer.

Manic Panic is supposed to be good, the other two I use are only available in the UK I'm afraid.
The first four blue ones on this page would do (LINK)

I say go with black hair dye or you can get a brand called color oops its suppose to strip all hair dye out and take it back to your natural hair color but if your hair is bleached then it will leave you with the bleached hair then after you can do what ever color you want c:

• 3 weeks later...