Distance </3

XxEmoKittyCatxX

I know what that feels like. My boyfriend lived 1 hour from me and my mom often took away my phone so we couldn`t talk much. But the good thing was that he could drive so he often came to see me and hang out. That was, till he got ill and he often had to be in hospital. Tho we were together for a year like that. 

I don`t know how to help you but I`d just say... Try to talk to him as much as you can, take the maximum hah.

Tell him to come see you. Why do you have to make all the effort to go see him? If he really cares for you he'll do everything in his power to show up at your door step. Especially with a 45 min distance, that shouldn't be a huge factor. Maybe see if his parents could bring him, or plan a day where you two can meet half way. But the other factor is how old are you two? If you are under the age of 16 I understand that your parents don't want to bring you. And well you are in a screwed situation. If you're 16 and above well it shouldn't be that much of an issue. But meh. I don't know how strict your parents are. You might have to wait until either one of you get a car. Until them, I'm sorry but I don't think there is much for you to do.

Pfff... Seriously?

Me and my GF live on separate continents, and haven't seen each other IRL for over 3 months.

If I was one of ya'll, I would get a bike, and actually make an effort.

Are you fucking serious? "Make an effort"? You think I didn't make an effort? I wasn't even there when my boyfriend died in that hospital, I wasn't there at his funeral. Instead I was at home, getting beaten up by my mom, because I had left the house for an hour to meet him or w/e the reason was idc. I was the one to even TRY to keep our relationship together and you say that YOU would ACTUALLY make an effort? WTF?

Gawd fuck. Sorry. I'm not saying that you don't try and I didn't want to be rude but REALLY... I'm quite sure that EVERYONE makes the effort to keep a relationship together, to get together or what not. At least the littlest bit. If they don't, then they're probably not interested in being together. Just sayin...

Are you fucking serious? "Make an effort"? You think I didn't make an effort? I wasn't even there when my boyfriend died in that hospital, I wasn't there at his funeral. Instead I was at home, getting beaten up by my mom, because I had left the house for an hour to meet him or w/e the reason was idc. I was the one to even TRY to keep our relationship together and you say that YOU would ACTUALLY make an effort? WTF? Gawd fuck. Sorry. I'm not saying that you don't try and I didn't want to be rude but REALLY... I'm quite sure that EVERYONE makes the effort to keep a relationship together, to get together or what not. At least the littlest bit. If they don't, then they're probably not interested in being together. Just sayin...

Your points would be relevant if I was actually talking to you, but I was referring to the OP. (Emokittywhatever)

My point is, your "distance" is not much of a distance at all. 45 minutes and perhaps an hours bike ride away is pretty much nothing compared to 10 hours of travel and a $600 plane ticket. You yourselves are the ones who took that and misconstrued it to get all offended. 

Sorry about that. I always forget that with lovestruck teens you have to spell everything out instead of assuming they will connect the dots.

As for the one telling me Im being a dick, you are the one throwing insults around. The worst Ive referred to her as was sarcastically insinuating that her general intelligence is lowered by the fact that she is madly in love. (And that was just now, just in case you didnt connect those dots either.)

Go take some tylenol for your butthurtness.

My point is, your "distance" is not much of a distance at all. 45 minutes and perhaps an hours bike ride away is pretty much nothing compared to 10 hours of travel and a $600 plane ticket. You yourselves are the ones who took that and misconstrued it to get all offended.

Sorry about that. I always forget that with lovestruck teens you have to spell everything out instead of assuming they will connect the dots.

As for the one telling me Im being a dick, you are the one throwing insults around. The worst Ive referred to her as was sarcastically insinuating that her general intelligence is lowered by the fact that she is madly in love. (And that was just now, just in case you didnt connect those dots either.)

Go take some tylenol for your butthurtness.

Leave him alone ... Im sorry okai ... But he thought you were being mean ... My bf is very protective over me he doesnt like seeing me upset ... He hasnt felt well lately ... Cut him some slack .. And i am extremely intelligent btw -__- so ...

Hope does have a point.  I'm in a situation like this except much more complicated, but both my boyfriend and I make efforts to try and see each other.  It shouldn't be just one person making all the effort.  Love is a give and take type of thing.  You can't expect one person to do everything just as you can't expect yourself to do all the work.  Be rational.  45 minutes isn't that big of a deal.  If you really love each other so much, then distance shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Trust me, three years of this has taught me well.

we dont live 45 minutes away, over 30 miles from eachother, neither of us have a car, and my dad doesnt even want us dating. so its pretty difficult, im not saying our situation is worse than any of you alls situations and experiences, im just saying that its hard for both of us. oh and hope, i did try my bike. my dad caught me then slashed the tires

Yo, hear this.  If you guys really do love each other, then this distance thing shouldn't be an issue.  Seriously, I know how difficult it was to deal with this issue, seeing that we had entirely different worlds.  However, if there's a will then there's a way.  Relationships aren't all about physical contact.  It's about trust, understanding, and that connection you have with someone.  Unless you learn to accept this distance issue, then you will just be fighting a losing battle.  It seems that all odds are against you, with your parents preventing you two from seeing each other.  Maybe it's just not the right time to be fighting this battle.

My boyfriend and I had to wait for two whole years before we could even see each other in person.  My parents were against us because of the age difference between him and I.  There was also the problem that circumstances like school and work would prevent us from doing so.  It took a long time and a lot of convincing just for him to be accepted by my mother.  That was when we were able to meet up and see each other.

Maybe the problem is that your parents are against the relationship, just like mine were.  However, in your case, they're not even telling you two why.  You have to ask them.  I mean, they won't really do what they're doing without a reason.  You need to understand why.  Also, learn the concept of timing.  There are right times and wrong times when you two should meet.  You have to read the signs.

(Btw, the distance between his city and my city is just 26 km, but that's still a 45 min-1 hr drive because of the traffic, twists and turns.  Also, his work sched and my class sched even make communicating hard.  We still make it happen though.  Haha.)

Yo, hear this. If you guys really do love each other, then this distance thing shouldn't be an issue. Seriously, I know how difficult it was to deal with this issue, seeing that we had entirely different worlds. However, if there's a will then there's a way. Relationships aren't all about physical contact. It's about trust, understanding, and that connection you have with someone. Unless you learn to accept this distance issue, then you will just be fighting a losing battle. It seems that all odds are against you, with your parents preventing you two from seeing each other. Maybe it's just not the right time to be fighting this battle.

My boyfriend and I had to wait for two whole years before we could even see each other in person. My parents were against us because of the age difference between him and I. There was also the problem that circumstances like school and work would prevent us from doing so. It took a long time and a lot of convincing just for him to be accepted by my mother. That was when we were able to meet up and see each other.

Maybe the problem is that your parents are against the relationship, just like mine were. However, in your case, they're not even telling you two why. You have to ask them. I mean, they won't really do what they're doing without a reason. You need to understand why. Also, learn the concept of timing. There are right times and wrong times when you two should meet. You have to read the signs.

(Btw, the distance between his city and my city is just 26 km, but that's still a 45 min-1 hr drive because of the traffic, twists and turns. Also, his work sched and my class sched even make communicating hard. We still make it happen though. Haha.)

thanks this made me feel better :)