Hello lovely sweet people,

Sorry I'm not very much online on this site, busy with school.. :(

But my best friend Marjolein shaved a side cut out of my hair and I was wondering what you guys are thinking of it, so here is a picture:

Marjolein is on the right, and I am on the left.

loves xxxxx  :heart:  :heart:  JennCherryCakie

post-29758-0-10310600-1387892920_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know a long time ago they used to punish women by shaving the side of their head to make them sexual unattractive?

So congrats hun, you followed the stereotypical skrillex hipster look without taking a peek on history. c:

And if you don't believe me: The punishment of shaving a woman's head had biblical origins. In Europe, the practice dated back to the dark ages, with the Visigoths. During the middle ages, this mark of shame, denuding a woman of what was supposed to be her most seductive feature, was commonly a punishment for adultery. Shaving women's heads as a mark of retribution and humiliation was reintroduced in the 20th century. After French troops occupied the Rhineland in 1923, German women who had relations with them later suffered the same fate. And during the second world war, the Nazi state issued orders that German women accused of sleeping with non-Aryans or foreign prisoners employed on farms should also be publicly punished in this way.

Eh, no, Ancient Biblical laws were that if a woman was caught in adultery, they'd stone her to death. They no doubt wished their head was just shaved, instead of getting beaned to death with fist sized rocks. Although there is one instance where I recall men had half of their head shaved, along with half of their beards, and their clothes where cut off halfway, where you could see half of their butt. But these men did nothing wrong, and it was just a douchey king having fun.

It would be good to note that when heads were shaved as punishment(for women caught in adultery), it was the WHOLE head. Not a side.

Also, did you know that a long time ago only prostitutes wore eyeliner and lipstick? Congrats hun, you followed the stereotypical female practices without taking a peek at history. c: 

I dont think the shaved side looks all that attractive, and you dont have to either, but you dont have to be a douche about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9_Lx2AWaE

Edited by ichangedmyprofilenamelul

Not being a douche. People, such as yourself, just take my comments as douchey. If I was being a douche it would be A LOT worse. Thank you for your delightful information on makeup but quite frankly it's female practices. Therefore it has been going on for years upon years. This shaven side head look will dissipate in style eventually but makeup will not. I apologize Jenn if I was being "douchey" you honestly have to get to know me better to determine if I was being douchey or not. C:

• 4 years later...
On 1/21/2014 at 8:09 PM, WasteOfMind said:

Eh, no, Ancient Biblical laws were that if a woman was caught in adultery, they'd stone her to death. They no doubt wished their head was just shaved, instead of getting beaned to death with fist sized rocks. Although there is one instance where I recall men had half of their head shaved, along with half of their beards, and their clothes where cut off halfway, where you could see half of their butt. But these men did nothing wrong, and it was just a douchey king having fun.

It would be good to note that when heads were shaved as punishment(for women caught in adultery), it was the WHOLE head. Not a side.

Also, did you know that a long time ago only prostitutes wore eyeliner and lipstick? Congrats hun, you followed the stereotypical female practices without taking a peek at history. ?

I dont think the shaved side looks all that attractive, and you dont have to either, but you dont have to be a douche about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9_Lx2AWaE

Omg thank you. Just be nice to each other here right :)