emo or scene?

• 2 months later...

Scene and emo both share some common elements of fashion, hair, and homosexuality. Calling a scenester an emo will result in anger. You'll most likely do this, as no normal person can tell them apart by looks. The typical scenester in one city can look very different from the typical scenester in another city, due to the variation in local scenes. Without getting into the whole music part, the main difference between emos and scenesters is scenesters are less depressed and whiny and a lot more retarded and obnoxious. Unlike emos, who are stuck up because they are faking depression, scene kids are stuck up for the sake of... being stuck up. One of the greatest enigmas of scene culture is that they hate being labeled "scene", even though they're trying to be scene, which is in fact a MIND FUCK. In actuality, scene kids are just secret emos that wear pink instead of black. Deep down, they too daydream of feeling death's cold, bony appendage.

Emo kids want to kill themselves; scene kids make other people want to kill them. End of story.

• 2 weeks later...

^This statement bothers me.

1. What can you possibly be depressed about? You probably have food, water, shelter, and additional luxuries like the internet. What the fuck do you have to complain about? School? No boyfriend? Trauma?

Well, Mrs., those are simply things you just suck up, cope with and get over. Like normal people with actual problems.

2. Deression is a psychological diagnosis, not a damn trend or label. The definition of depression and emo are not interchangeable. You should not intentionally weave a mental illness into your lifestyle because it's cool. You should not base what you listen to, what you wear, how you think and what you say because of a subculture you found out about on facebook.

3. Labels are pointless in general. Scene, emo, punk, juggalo, goths... it's an immature cry for attention.

Edited by yeswaitno
  • Downvote 1

In the past I used to go by labels; it's not like I walk around saying I'm Emo to anyone.

In my opinion I'm Emotional and I listen to emotional music, but I personally hate labels.

Sure I'm on a Emo Forum however but I don't let it completely define me as a person. Labels are pretty much pointless now a days.

is there really that big of a difference?????????????????? we both listen to the same kind of music dress in somewhat similar ways and pretty much live the same way so.......idk opinions anyone???????

similarity - both are immature trends

diffrences - none

^This statement bothers me.

1. What can you possibly be depressed about? You probably have food, water, shelter, and additional luxuries like the internet. What the fuck do you have to complain about? School? No boyfriend? Trauma?

Well, Mrs., those are simply things you just suck up, cope with and get over. Like normal people with actual problems.

2. Deression is a psychological diagnosis, not a damn trend or label. The definition of depression and emo are not interchangeable. You should not intentionally weave a mental illness into your lifestyle because it's cool. You should not base what you listen to, what you wear, how you think and what you say because of a subculture you found out about on facebook.

3. Labels are pointless in general. Scene, emo, punk, juggalo, goths... it's an immature cry for attention.

i get that its a real thing and thats cuz i was diagnosed with it..what the fuck??????? people have depression and the ones who actually have shouldnt care what their trend is so..