DESPERATE FOR ADVICE!

Metules

So my little sister (12 years old) has came out and spoke to us (family) about her depression... She cuts herself attempts suicide and has people she sees telling her to do things.. she is now in an institution seeking treatment and is now on medication.. I will be able to see her in 5 days, but how should i approach her... what could i say that would help her ease her mind off of hatred from everything..  

Be easy on her. Talk gently, and spend more time with her. When my friend came out of an institution, he was very messed up in the head due to the medication. Then he had withdraws, it was horrible. But he's fine now, thankfully. Just bond with your sister more. Show her that even if she thinks life sucks and the world is horrible that she at least has a brother that cares. She needs a role model right now, so show her it will be okay.

I've been in and out of several institutions and on and off different medication for very similar problems, and then some. Just don't make her feel like an alien when she comes home. Don't keep asking, "Are you okay?" Just relax, show her you care and love her to death. Act NORMALLY as you would if she never went to the hospital. Don't make her feel like she will only get this good attention if bad things happen to her, she wants to feel loved every day. Just make her smile, and maybe start doing things that she wants to do. :) I'm glad she is safe.  - Ryan