Conspiracy Theory :p (just for fun)

Mars

Why do we always have dreams that are like 1 hour long (max) even tho we sleep like 5-8 hours daily???

Explaination :1.) Dream starts hours later you sleep, eg., if you slept for 6 hours and had a 30 min long dream, then it is possible that dream started after 5:30 hours of sleep.

2.) Dream is in sloooowww mooootiiiooon. (which i think happens)

OR

3.) You travel to a parallel universe during sleep and the people there erase your memories from there!!!!!

Any other shitty theories? Or your comments on my shitty theories???

Btw i seriously believe in theory no.2. B)

Dreams occur during the REM stage of sleeping. I'm guessing how long would vary. Youre more likely to remember said dreams when woken up during the REM stage. :>

whats REM??? ~head in sand~

Really Energetic Masturbation

I always thought that you dream the whole time, but you don't remember most of them. And even those you do remember, after an hour you only remember like 20% I think.

thats what the people from parallel universe thought us :P

Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a stage of sleep characterized by the rapid and random movement of the eyes. Rapid eye movement sleep is classified into two categories: tonic and phasic.[1] It was identified and defined by Nathaniel Kleitman and his studentEugene Aserinsky in 1953. Criteria for REM sleep includes rapid eye movement, low muscle tone and a rapid, low-voltage EEG; these features are easily discernible in a polysomnogram,[2] the sleep study typically done for patients with suspected sleep disorders.[3]

REM sleep typically occupies 20–25% of total sleep, about 90–120 minutes of a night's sleep. REM sleep normally occurs close to morning.[4] During a night of sleep, one usually experiences about four or five periods of REM sleep; they are quite short at the beginning of the night and longer toward the end. Many animals and some people tend to wake, or experience a period of very light sleep, for a short time immediately after a bout of REM. The relative amount of REM sleep varies considerably with age. A newborn baby spends more than 80% of total sleep time in REM.[5] During REM, the activity of the brain's neurons is quite similar to that during waking hours; for this reason, the REM-sleep stage may be called paradoxical sleep.[6]

REM sleep is physiologically different from the other phases of sleep, which are collectively referred to as non-REM sleep (NREM sleep). Subjects' vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.

first two paragraphs of the Wiki article

Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a stage of sleep characterized by the rapid and random movement of the eyes. Rapid eye movement sleep is classified into two categories: tonic and phasic.[1] It was identified and defined by Nathaniel Kleitman and his studentEugene Aserinsky in 1953. Criteria for REM sleep includes rapid eye movement, low muscle tone and a rapid, low-voltage EEG; these features are easily discernible in a polysomnogram,[2] the sleep study typically done for patients with suspected sleep disorders.[3]

REM sleep typically occupies 20–25% of total sleep, about 90–120 minutes of a night's sleep. REM sleep normally occurs close to morning.[4] During a night of sleep, one usually experiences about four or five periods of REM sleep; they are quite short at the beginning of the night and longer toward the end. Many animals and some people tend to wake, or experience a period of very light sleep, for a short time immediately after a bout of REM. The relative amount of REM sleep varies considerably with age. A newborn baby spends more than 80% of total sleep time in REM.[5] During REM, the activity of the brain's neurons is quite similar to that during waking hours; for this reason, the REM-sleep stage may be called paradoxical sleep.[6]

REM sleep is physiologically different from the other phases of sleep, which are collectively referred to as non-REM sleep (NREM sleep). Subjects' vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.

first two paragraphs of the Wiki article

i feel like stupid ;-; :(:P

Im gonna throw you all off the edge of the earth

Oh I get it. You really aren't going to throw anyone off of the edge of the earth since the earth is round and has no edges...I see what you did there ^ ^

Edited by Remix