Jimmy Journal

Jimmy_

Entry 1. 

In all the excitement for an Event called the big E Deidre came home with bananas and an assortment of toppings and invited her boyfriend Philip over as well as a neighborly woman named Tess.( I don't know much about Miss Tess other then how she and D often trade homegrown vegetables with each other and I was invited a few times for tea. i don't have a lot in common with elders as friendly as they are. I am not surprised by the closeness D has with the Elderly because she was very good pen pals with my great aunt for many years as well.)  We all sat by and watched her make deep fried bananas in her deep fryer. Philip being the macho that he was kept attempting to take over the "deadly procedure" but D wouldn't have it. Not her, she was just too spunky even Miss Tess had to say so as she laughed watching Philip acting playful and brazen trying to protect his lady from the hot oil. It made me recount the 4th of July when Philip wanted to take off with the flares and roman candles and D and Valarie chased him because they didn't want to be stuck with nothing but the "Gay ass sparklers" Ah, Good times.

The banana's where amazing. First she had coated them in nutella, then dipped in it a waffle batter and then deep fried them. When they came out we choose our toppings to decorate them like chocolate drizzle whip cream, marshmallows, there where peanut butter chips, sprinkles and powdered sugar too.  How ever miss Tess was rather worried to try fried foods like that but D remedied the solution by making her a  banana with a layer of frozen yogurt with sliced almonds, granola and dried cranberries. She was very sweet when she was placing it in miss Tess's hand complete with a napkin wrapped around it. If my aunt was still alive surely without a doubt D would go through little troubles to convenience her and ensure she wasn't left out either. Things like that just steal my heart. I looked  in Philip's direction, he was not witnessing the over all lovely sight because he was messing with the deep fryer of course. Oh well, the bananas where amazing, It was nice to see Tess happy and gracious especially as she was walking back home holding hands with D and requesting that she needed this new recipe. (when i'm old i hope the younger adults are nice to me too.)

Valarie had showed up much later as she was busy with a prior engagement the two girlfriends sat under the table umbrella and chatted it up about some book they where reading. and silly Valarie must have gotten wicked drunk  because once she took a bite of her banana she started making lewd orgasmic sounds. It made me and Philip laugh out. Well, Valarie is silly like that, I wouldn't say i have a crush on Valerie but she is very spontaneous and goofy and i want her around more often. 

Entry 2:

I watch an animal documentary called monkey kingdom. The one narrated by Tina Fay. It made me so sad that 3 alpha females just go and attack the lesser female who comes across some food to feed her baby. But the monkeys do live in a hyarchy and the top females are supposed to get the first pick of everything.

It makes me think of how similar they are to humans. I kept thinking, damn i didn't know animals bullied for the sake of being bullies. I thought they only fougth for survival and mating and protecting the babies but that wasn't the case here. The Alpha females where like royalty and tjis lesser female is a real hard worker and survivalist. So i was glad when she knew how to get by when the kingdom was run down by a rival monkey group and the alpha females had poor skills. It's a good underdog story. I can relate.

Entry 3:

D encouraged me to invite Genie on a double date with her and Philip to their favorite sushi place. I was very much looking forward to this and right away i sent her the invitation though to my great disappointment she wasn't going to be able to attend. She texted back saying she had already made plans with another date. I gave her a simple okay. but i don't think i was okay. she said it so openly she could have at least  pretended she was doing something else but i guess i should consider it a good thing that she was being honest with me. We have yet to kiss or make a 3rd date but we texted enough to know we like each other. I don't wanna find out latter i have competition.

Sometimes i'm sure she took me up on a date out of pity so maybe that's whats happening with this other date of hers. I also can't be upset because i gave Douglas my word i would also see this girl Amanda that he planned to set me up with although i'm doing it out of obligation and not because i really do wanna see multiple girls at once. i wouldn't know how to handle multiple dating... I have not met Amanda yet to feel comfortable with double dating so i'm probably just gonna cop out because i don't like being the 3rd wheel. I really really do wanna go and enjoy sushi I've been craving it a lot since the last time i had it and I know Philip is gonna pick up the bill as usual because he's a poker champion and he can afford to show off and toss his money around but I don't wanna get in the way since Deidre does work about 60 hours a week and hardly ever gets to see him because they don't live together. They should be alone once in a while without me or Valerie or whichever other friend then maybe they'll become much closer and finally become exclusive. 

I know Deidre is 28 and Philip is 36 but they just seem so into each other. I know Philip could have anyone he wanted and women throw themselves at him but when ever D wants his company he drops everything to comes racing to her. They need to stop being so stubborn and become official already. Valarie and Kate say women like D have a certain stigma. Such women are hard workers and successful and pragmatic that even emotions don't hinder them from chasing a goal and for that they will never find true love. I Do see how Deidre is very cold and intuitive at times but that's all the more reason she's gotta put her all in getting Philip. If she stopped working he would definitely be the guy to take care of her for the rest of her life. D is opposed to this she's too proud i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Entry 4

What kind of woman did Douglas set me up with? Amanda was oddly inappropriate from the moment i met up with her at the diner. I greeted her kindly and courteously and was prepared to order our lunch but she was behaving very oddly like she was in a rush to leave and didn't want to be there. At first i figured she didn't like. i tried to start a conversation about what she did for fun or if she was studying and as we spoke she keep sliding her foot up and down my leg. perhaps being flirty, playful? Well i didn't have to really get what this indicated but at the very least it would seem she liked me.

She suggested we leave the diner and hang at her place. it wasn't very far considering she had walked. So i obliged to drive her back to her place. when we where situated in the car she insisted we park in the back lot of the scrap yard that was just behind the diner. Something didn't quite click with me and this idea it was a gated lot there was only one way in and out. this lot didn't go anywhere in particular. 

I drove in but as i saw nowhere to go as i expected i proceeded to turn the car but Amanda had me stop and she immediately tried to hop onto my seat of the car to my absolute confusion and surprise. Just what the hell was wrong with this gal? so warning no subtlety? How do women carry themselves this way? 

I could see in Amanda's eyes she didn't want to waste any time but i was still hesitant. This woman who barely knew me was attempting to groping me in the car and of course it would be me that is uncomfortable. this had just come out of nowhere.

i was not going to have some meaningless fling like there was nothing to show for in all my patients. After all why Amanda to break my 11 months of celibacy and not Genie? (i'm sure i mentioned i like Genie. why did i even do this?!) 

Maybe Douglas meant well trying to help me in my drought but i was not some beastly animal in heat. I'm a human being with human feelings and instinct and just because i'm a male and sex applies to my basic human needs it doesn't mean i'm not gonna take precautions. 

I pulled Amanda away and told her to calm down because this was very distressing situation. But she wasn't reacting very well to my caution at all.

"Fine You fucking faggot!" With that she clenched her fist and hit me repeatedly over the head. I shielded myself the best i could but she still managed to grip my hair and clip me i'm the side of my eyes. Then she hopped out of the car and kicked the side of the door as she slammed it.

I immediately drove back home upset i could not help but cry because this had brought upon flash backs of when my ex wife kayla use to get disgruntled and attack me on a regular basis. 

This crazy Nympho maniac. Does she do this on every first date? How could she ever expect any man to respect her? This was a total disaster. I retreated back home. I texted Genie but i have yet to get a response. I just really had to talk to her but i didn't want to come out to rash. I then showered. Needed one felt gross and not the greasy mechanic gross. 

It's just such a relief to be home in the study after a shower. As soon as i shook away the heebie geebies of the events of the day i told Douglas how the date went down. He felt bad and admitted to me he was just trying to do me a "solid?" What a jerk, to think he is one of my better friends and he knew about my traumatic marriage and my ex wife. I confided in him about my insecurities and for him to fix me with this woman who was an absolute psycho was just beyond cruel damn the reasons and good intentions behind it. I didn't want to have a fling that badly!

Excuse me for a minute Journal, Deidre just arrived home. From a Tennis match with her niece Hanna. I need to greet her. 

Deidre is making me a burger with coleslaw and sweet potato french fries. i hadn't asked her to. i was more then willing to wait till dinner but she asked how lunch went and i told her it ended on a sour note and i didn't even get to eat i showed her where Amanda had scratched me. She obviously could tell that i have been crying and in her sympathy she said she had time to fix something for me before Philip came to take her to the spa. we hugged it out for a good minute and she said she'll bring my lunch up when it was ready.

I feel a little better now. Comfort food is on it's way. But i also feel a little worse. i'm a grown man and i'm ashamed to feel so dependent on a woman that's only two years older than myself. She has no real obligation to be like a mother to me. I'll always feel like a fool. No matter how much Deidre tells me it's not my fault because i was raised in a ranch and home schooled had few friends and interaction outside my own family and married to an abusive she devil, it's just always gonna feel like it's my fault to me.