BOY MEMORY - Demos (FFO: The Get Up Kids, other early 00's emo)

boymemory

GREY SKIES (Demos)

Here's 6 of my songs I decided to record, these are me playing directly into my phones voice memos. This is how I write and work on ideas. I recently tried to start using microphones and software to lay out better versions of my ideas but I lose patience quickly..

I've not posted any songs online for around 8 years, I get close to, but begin to overthink, judge too heavily, and get too anxious about other peoples thoughts, but it's time to let them fly. These 6 songs include a song wrote 11 years ago (Above Hollywood), 3 wrote two years ago (Burnt Out, Grey Skies, Home), 1 from a couple of months ago (Storyteller), and an opening track which only came together last night (Jaded). There's fuck ups, there's bum notes, there's everything you'd expect in a phone recording - but there's no layers and no edits!

New to this forum, so please have a listen and let's talk !

You can stream and download any if you really wanted for free at http://soundcloud.com/boymemory

Edited by boymemory

Dashboard Confessional, The Get Up Kids, Weezer (early), Fall Out Boy, Further Seems Forever, Jimmy Eat World, Matchbook Romance, Poison The Well, Silverstein, Taking Back Sunday, Texas Is The Reason, and, although they aren't and weren't ever considered an emo band (too early) one of the emo-est bands ever, some of their songs for sure, Nirvana. I have everything they ever made including the ultra rare Chinese Box Set.