A Little Place for Poems

AlabasterCrow

This is a place for poems. Poets, be you living in the light or duking it out with the darkness, you are welcome to write to your heart's content. Those of you here to read the poems please be kind to those who write here, this is meant as a sanctuary for thoughts not a place to be criticized.

As I do with every topic I create, I shall post the first poem.

Two Become One

A sorrowful soul sat adrift in a sea of lonelyness, his heart long frozen and his mind empty of thoughts. As he sat there entombed in the dark he glimpsed a small light in the distance, a tiny ray of hope. A single warm breeze caught the small torn sail on his little raft and gently pushed him toward that speck. As the light drew closer the warm wind slowly melted his heart and he found himself thinking of the future. He reached his little beacon of happiness and found that it wasn't just a simple light, it was another sorrowful soul. They spoke and each found that the other had been a light in what was percieved to be an empty darkness and that a warm wind had brought them together. They lashed their rafts together and patched their sails with pieces of the other, they sailed along together, still alone but always together and no longer sorrowful.

• 1 month later...

Once I dared to love, I loved her with all my heart and soul, she was everything to me but I was not to her. She said I was and perhaps I had once been but I was no longer and she walked away. Not only did she walk, she reached into my chest and took my heart with her, my soul followed suit and wrapped itself about her shoulders still trying to keep her happy. Now all that remains is an empty shell, a corpse, a box with no gift inside