How can I convince my parents to let me dress emo?

• 1 month later...

I deal with this a lot at work, and sometimes it's a little give and take.

When I was in high school, there were a LOT of emo/scene kids who wore things like Hollister and Abercrombie because that's what their parents approved of. We'd wear things like sweaters, plain v-necks, cool blouses, etc. from that type of store, but pair it with ripped skinnies, Converse or Vans, accessories from Hot Topic, etc. 

She's not going to change her mind overnight, but you can always compromise. Hopefully she'll lighten up over time.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Girl just dress emo be yourself. No one can force you to change how u are. If they don’t accept you for who you want to be it’s fine because don’t listen to them if they say you can’t dress emo. If you wanna move out and get your house you can. I am dealing with almost the same thing, so basically my parents don’t support me for being 🏳️‍🌈 LGBTQ+🏳️‍🌈. I still am but I keep it a secret because they probably won’t except me for being trans and bi/gay and secretly dating. Try do dress like black top white pants or all black or like long sleeve purple shirt under short sleeve black shirt with black pants or purple black pants, AND wear a cross necklace and a black hoodie to school. The photo is an example(p.s that’s not me IRL).

IMG_3142.jpeg

Edited by Emo_teen_cool