POSERS!

no1o2oloveleft2

• 4 months later...

Actually I don't care if sb calls me a poser. I know who I am and I know why ^ ^

But sometimes such comments would make me sad... It means that sb does not see the real me or does not believe in me.

Anyway I'm curious.. Do you think I'm a poser? ^.^

ohh! Sorry for repeating this post. I have some problems with internet connection and this is the result -.-" gomen neh..

Could some admin remove these "copies"? I don't see this option on my board... x.x

Edited by Mido.Kilmy.Kotoba

A posers IS ANYONE IN A SUBCULTURE, that means you who claims the emo lable. or you who has a heart attack over them hellokitty hairbows, you, a collection of people who share the same interests, fashion tastes, musical and artistic preferences, morals, hobbies, worldviews, and slang terms. Although these groups often form as a means to distinguish themselves from the mundane members of mainstream society, there is easily less human variability within these pockets of insecurity than there is in society at large. The only thing that differentiates a group of weebs from a clique of semen-lapping orangeskins in a college is that the orangeskins aren't deluded enough to think that wearing cat-ears to class is a clever means of self-expression. And, of course, that the orangeskins won't die bitter, cheeto-encrusted virgins...

While the main function of a subculture is to express ~uniqueness~ and ~complexity~, anyone who's surpassed an infantile level of social development can see through the ruse as soon as they hear some variation of "I'm not like other people" escape a subculture member's mouth. This generally means that the only people socially disabled enough to think that subculture members are in any way intriguing are those stupid enough to join a subculture in the first place, and twelve-year-olds. Cries of "you're really not that interesting" made by the general public are drowned out by the sweet nothings that fellow subculture followers croon as they fellate one another in response to their perceived individuality.

Those who do manage to hear their peers making fun of their poor fashion choices and catastrophically flawed self-concepts write them off as 'stupid mundanes' who lack the intelligence to understand them, a view that is quite ironic given that they don't understand themselves either. Because subculture followers are unable to listen to criticism that comes from anywhere outside of their circlejerk of an in-group, they remain happily oblivious to the fact that everyone else is laughing at how fucking useless they are.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...