Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I didn’t go deep

I didn’t even weep

 

Just one cut is all I need

And my mind goes calm, while my cut bleeds

 

It was harmless but helped so much

I stopped being mad and such

 

No more angry thoughts went through my mind

Just fascination, everything else left behind

 

Is the start or the end?

All I know is I don’t want to disappoint my friend

 

Is it too late for me?

I thought I was getting better but I only pretended to be

 

The cut now stains my arm

Nothing big or deep, nothing to cause much harm

 

A cat scratch is what I’ll say

But I doubt people will see any day

 

They won’t see the real me and who I am

They won’t see my body is disconnected from my brain stem

 

I don’t want attention, I don’t deserve it

I play along with the world, but my candle is not lit

 

I’m a lost soul on this land

My minds drifting, my body sinking in sand

 

I’ve given up on people

It’s now me alone in my own steeple

 

I get so mad so quick

Like a switch on the wall, tense with every click

 

Maybe I’m only meant to be there for others

Don’t the daughters learn from the mothers?

 

Only my mother does not know me

She only sees who she wants to see

 

There’s no way her sweet child

Cut her arm to keep her mind from going wild

 

Do they realize their actions affect me so?

That sometimes they cause me to hit my low?

 

No they don’t, all they see is him

They can’t even see the pattern; my cups reached its brim.

 

He angers then he lies

To get people to take him back. I bet he even denies

 

The wrongs that he’s done

All because he thinks life is fun

 

But when will he see

That he’s just another wanna be

 

It’s possible I just don’t belong

There are parts of me I’ve discovered are gone

 

Like my patience to wait

I’m done waiting there’s nothing to debate

 

Once I’m of age you’ll barely see me

Once I get a car I’ll never be here to be

 

I witness to the yells or shouts

A witness to the pattern of oh okay and get out

 

A witness to tears and uproars

A witness to hurtful words and slamming doors

 

A witness to a father who’s confused

Because my mother is either okay or blowing a fuse

 

I’ll stop being the victim of being on the edge

Because I’ll stop being around, I won’t be on the ledge

 

I won’t be the victim of feeling guilty anymore

I won’t be the victim or witness anytime I walk out that door

 

Am I lost? That’s easy to say

Is there hope? We’ll see with each coming day.

 

My name does not matter all that matters is the story my friend

The one with a strong beginning, unclear middle, but no end.

 

It’s a screwed up world even a blind man could see

That to fake happiness you have to be who others expect you to be.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...