stop using "gay", "tranny" and "les" as insults

rannon

being gay or transgender is totally natural, its just a part of who you are, like you tastes or whatever, it doesn't separate you or make you different and more and more people are coming to terms with others homosexuality, yet why do so many people still use these words as insults, everyone does it, not even just homophobes, literally everyone says "that tops gay" or "oh my god, i've got tranny hair today" when i dont understand how a top managed to develop sexual orientation in the first place! i know most people dont mean offence but its still got to stop because people who are thinking of coming out or have recently done so feel nervous and scared because there is so much unneccisary negitivity around the subject. if you agree or think like anything or the matter please respond, i'd like to hear what other people think :) xx

I think that no matter how much people want others to stop using the word "gay", it's not going to go away. Those who use it in a way that offends others... well that's just them. One thing is that you should always try to be the better person. Treat others with fairness and respect. And it is natural for some people and I believe that they have a right to live life how they please without harsh judgment. The definition of human is severely changing, we're becoming beasts. I mean there are worse things in this world than gay people. Gay is just fine. Though I do believe that others shouldn't have to dress up the word. Just don't use it in a offense way. I have lots of gay friends, they have to be so strong- to stand against the world and believe what they believe. It's my belief that we just need to drop it and stop being fucking rude. People live the way they want to live and we can't force that change on anyone and that's that.

• 5 months later...

I hate when people use that me and my boyfriend are both transgender and I generally lose my cool at them and then they laugh in my face but yeah I find it really offensive and it kinda makes me so mad that people are starting to watch what they say to me now.

Guest Phoebe. ;3

Even though I am not gay, lesbian, transvestite ect. I still get irritated when people do use those words as an insult. Its just one of those words that automatically comes into ones mind when insulting someone I guess.

• 2 months later...

I don't think it's 'something wrong with your brain' to be gay, tranny, bi, whatever. Just because someone is being themselves doesn't mean they have something wrong with them :/ I totally agree its mean to use it as an insult to someone and bully someone for who they are...

I don't think it's 'something wrong with your brain' to be gay, tranny, bi, whatever. Just because someone is being themselves doesn't mean they have something wrong with them :/ I totally agree its mean to use it as an insult to someone and bully someone for who they are...

And yet something being wrong with a brain can completely influence everything you do, say, and generally how you will act upon that malfunction.
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

It's a horrible way to judge and insult someone. Being tormented because your gay, lesbian ect. causes a lot of suicide and it's just not fair.It tends to stuck with people more than the usual hate. I get called a lesbian everyday even though I'm somewhere in between straight and bi-curious. Having a bestfriend is really a crime these days ;w;

Edited by hugginginthedark

• 2 weeks later...

Wait what?....

Saying someone is gay is insulting because they are not. O.o

They mean that the terms listed are all too frequently used as derogatory terms, but it's the same with loads of words, not just those. I say grow a backbone and get over it. Bullying of any form is wrong, but 'cool' words come and go, thing's won't always be gay ;D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree I'm not any of that but I know a lot of homosexual people and their really cool and fun to hang with and it pisses me off when people try to talk shit about them by saying that's so gay

When someone calls something 'Stupid', do you feel bad for stupid people? When someone calls someone else a cunt, do you feel bad for vaginas? Of course not. Because they're fucking words. They don't mean shit.

TL;DR: You're gay.

• 2 months later...

I have nothing against people calling me a fag. Yes some people will take offence with being called a fag but we also have people calling people "retard" or "skizo"  which is just as offensive but hardly anyone would up against that as well. And what about "piece of "shit" that is also another offencer term so unless people learn to play nice and keep their urges to kill everyone that does not meet their expectations, people will still be calling people a fag as well as other offensive terms.

And gay is a term that will still remain because most homosexual males prefer being galled gay to identitfy their orientation.