Cutting my own hair

Waffles

Hello everyone xD Was wondering if anyone here cuts their own hair and if they have any tips? Was planning on just messing with my layers and cleaning up my bangs a little tonight but never cut my own hair before and dont really want to go to a salon because they cut it way too short last time. So any tips on cutting your own hair would be appreciated muchly ♥♥

Ahaa thank you all, well im now too afraid to go to the hairdresser because they messed it up :( but i went out yesterday and got some "Razor shears" that is like a comb with a razor attached to it, my main concern is the general shape, i mean, if you take a look at taters hair the way his bangs come down and then mine (My bangs are pretty much even but i push them to one side, and his are cut to go to that side) and thats what i kind of want to do, im just unsure how to cut it without it looking like its been cut perfectly if that makes any sense, im not a huge fan of things being even when it comes to hair, i like it to look messy and choppy :D Well im going to be doing it tonight and i will let you all know how it goes and thanks for all the help ♥

There are plenty of youtube videos on how to murder your hair which you might find useful

When I cut my hair,

I use a normal pair of hair scissors, some thinning scissors, a comb and wet hair.

You might want to get someone else to do the back of your hair because it's quite difficult to get it even. Fringe's are relatively easy but be careful with them :L it helps if you section your hair with clips or hairbands to do the layers

• 3 weeks later...

i cut my own hair all the time.

when i cut it tho, i find its best if you have like a picture of a mental image of how you want your hair to look before you start cutting or you might mess it up.

also make sure you have a mirror and your hair is already sectioned the way you want your new style to be.

start out with small sections and cut a little at a time using scissors and if you like it go back and recut it and layer it with a rasor so it wont look so blunt. :)

Edited by xxxDarkReaperxxx