Reasons

Melody

I know I'll probably get some kind of hate or negative reactions to what I'm about to say, but I think it should be said. I also know I'll get the 'Not everyone will stop hurting themselves just because of this post' type comments. I really don't think just my words will get someone to stop hurting themselves. I just want to offer some insight.

I'm sorry if it's harsh, but it's my honest opinion. Just hear me out.

For those of you that cut or self-harm in any way, do you ever stop to think about the repercussions? I don't mean that you think of what it will do for you now. I mean do you ever think about what will happen if you make it past this, get married, have kids, et cetera? I highly doubt anyone takes into consideration the future consequences.

Think about it this way: you grow up, get married, have kids. Your kids grow up, become teenagers, and they get depressed for some reason or another. They've seen your scars so they think it's okay to cut, to hurt themselves too. How would that make you feel? I know I'm going to get responses like "I don't want kids" or "I'm not going to let myself live that long" or "You don't know the reasons I hurt myself." You're right. I don't know any of that. And I'm not saying you don't have a good enough reason, but I don't think there's really any reason to at all, no matter what you've been through.

I just want to leave with this: think about what you're doing, what your future will hold, the next time you decide to hurt yourself.

Edited by Toxic_Melody