Dreadlocks

Soph

Well, I've been thinking of getting dreadlocks for a while now to be honest. Do you think they'd suit me or not? I genuinely don't know. Thicker or thin dreadlocks, what colour etc? I guess I just need some different opinions haha.

Guest PhoebeSCREAM.

I have a friend who has dreads, shes had them for years and she kinda looks like you lol. xD She has thick ish ones. But she says they suit a lot of people and by the looks of your profile picture. Yeah Id think they would suit you. c':

Dreadlocks require an awful lot of maintenance, I would know because I had them for a year. Especially if your hair isn't naturally afro-ey or super curly.

I think they'd suit anyone, if done correctly. I personally like really neat thin dreads, also, if you bleach your hair before dreading it makes it knot together much easier :) if you want any more tips pm me and I'll gladly oblige

• 3 weeks later...

lolol....i used to have dreads XD they got too thin at the base though v.v

ANYWAY, dreads canwork for almost anybody. if you hair's naturally-can't think of another way to describe it so im not being racist-like a black person's...as in super poofy...then it does take a lot of work and matinence...its a pain. idk about straighter hair...it probably holds better. and if you get them, i'd suggest thin ones. thicker ones are more likely to thin towads your scalp and fall out. plus, itsharder to dye the thicker ones.

#blackwisdomy'all

and btw...if you dont like them and know you don't within a couple days of getting them done, you can comb them out...it's a waste of money but....your choice..

OH i forgot...if you decide o take them out later on, like a year or two, you could slowly pick them out with a small-tooth comb :3 ittakes a while but you dont have to shave your head XD