i need super duper help!

okay so i really wanna come out the closet to my step sister and step mom but the one thing that stands in the way is that they are really religious and i dont want to be treated any other way when im around them. any idea's should i tell them or shouldnt i tell them i dont know what to do.

Well if they love you and truly care about you, nothing should change. I dont care if they are religious or not. Shouldn't change their opinion about you. Yeah maybe they will have some trouble accepting it at first but after a while it should go back to normal. Nothing should really change. I came out to my family as well but at a pansexual. My family is very very religious. They attend every church service and/or church event. But anyways they dont treat me any different really. But it is against their belief system so their reaction can go either way. So if you do decide to come out just be prepared for either reaction and/or response once you tell them. But the sooner you come out the better it will be on yourself a bit at least. Then you can show people who you truly are without being afraid. But anyways Good luck c:

Edited by EndofGreen15

thank you all you you, i already came out top my sister :happy:; she took it well. hopefully i get to tell my mom soon and then i will tell my dad either in person or over the phone and i dont know about my step mom and step sister i'll find something out when that time comes. thank you very much.

Guest xxRisikaxx

I think you should tell them, It's who you are, don't hide it. If they can't accept it, don't worry, they'll come arround in time.

Stuff like this takes strength to do and for some, strength to accept.

Just be yourself. :)

im a strong christian, and one of my friends came out to me and i accepted him for who he is because he was my friend and i wasnt gonna judge him. if your step mom and step sister judge you, thats their problem not yours. they shouldnt judge you at all.. thats not how a christian should be (not sure what religion they are, but christianity is one of the more common lol)

Trust me, It's not harder then you think it is. But because your step mom and step sister are religious may mean it could also just tak time for them to get use to it or they could accept it right from the start. You never know how they are gonna act. Before you even come out to them, ask them about their opinion of gays, lesbians, and bisexual people, and then tell them. I haven't come out to my parents yet but it's only because I know them and they will think that I am not old enough to decide yet, and they are the type of parents that would have to get use to it, because my sister is lesbian, so it does make it a bit easier for me. But you really never know how they will react, they could not like it at all but tell them who you really are and that you're not one of those stereotypes they see you as if they do react this way. They will love you no matter what. You see parents kick their kids out for being gay but they still love them deep down. It also makes it a lot easier if you have a friend there who has been supporting you all this time so they see that people do care about you, not saying no one would but, its just easier. You will be fine and no matter how they react its all happened before to other people and they handled it fine.

Since you've told your sister, you've inspired me to tell my family.

of course, I don't know if I will, but you've brought me some courage

just take it slow, you can do this tou will feel much better if you start with siblings and go from there, stay stronger im always here if you need me.

Trust me, It's not harder then you think it is. But because your step mom and step sister are religious may mean it could also just tak time for them to get use to it or they could accept it right from the start. You never know how they are gonna act. Before you even come out to them, ask them about their opinion of gays, lesbians, and bisexual people, and then tell them. I haven't come out to my parents yet but it's only because I know them and they will think that I am not old enough to decide yet, and they are the type of parents that would have to get use to it, because my sister is lesbian, so it does make it a bit easier for me. But you really never know how they will react, they could not like it at all but tell them who you really are and that you're not one of those stereotypes they see you as if they do react this way. They will love you no matter what. You see parents kick their kids out for being gay but they still love them deep down. It also makes it a lot easier if you have a friend there who has been supporting you all this time so they see that people do care about you, not saying no one would but, its just easier. You will be fine and no matter how they react its all happened before to other people and they handled it fine.

yeah thats what i did for my sister like i got onto the topic and then i just told her, it made me feel really good having them know. and theres a problem with having a friend with me when i tell my dad because he live's in virginia and i dont know if he's coming up to see me and my siblings i could try having a friend with me, because i would really love my bestest friend nicole if she came with me tell my dad. but for my mom im just gonna tell her my self when were both alone and i feel comfortable.

im a strong christian, and one of my friends came out to me and i accepted him for who he is because he was my friend and i wasnt gonna judge him. if your step mom and step sister judge you, thats their problem not yours. they shouldnt judge you at all.. thats not how a christian should be (not sure what religion they are, but christianity is one of the more common lol)

yeah they are christian lol and okay.

I think you should tell them, It's who you are, don't hide it. If they can't accept it, don't worry, they'll come arround in time.

Stuff like this takes strength to do and for some, strength to accept.

Just be yourself. :)

okay i will its just gonna take off a lot of stress of my life.

have faith in who you are, dont let them change you

thank you i will try.

• 2 months later...