NARH And Ex-Gays

NARTH is the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality. It is a religion-based organization dedicated to "curing" homosexuality. Children as young as three are accepted, if they show effeminate behavior, such as wearing girly clothes, or playing with dolls. Parents actually allow their young children to be subjected to this therapy. People who complete the program are called "Ex-Gays" and are deemed "cured" of their homosexuality. The "Ex-Gays" usually suffer from depression after finishing treatment. Some who have come out despite the therapy say the psychiatrists were cruel towards them, making them feel worthless. Some have committed suicide, or lived through pain and suffering after years of repressing their gay identity.

Personally, this astounds and saddens me, that people could be so naive and cruel. For more info go to www.truthwinsout.org or www.narth.com , or youtube TWO or NARTH or Ex-Gay

Sorry about the typo in the title, idk how to fix it.

Edited by FallenAngel:)

Guest Emo4Lyf

Sorry to say but if people didn't want it, then the organisation would lack funding and no longer exist. People here might find this entire idea horrible but clearly there are also people who believe the opposite. This therapy is optional (assuming to the parent, who does have parental rights over you as much as you may wish to argue you deserve to make choices. This is a separate debate) and is formed from the foundations of both religious and scientific beliefs, yes for once the two agree that human, along with other animals, are made to reproduce which is naturally a heterosexual endeavour. People from either background can claim that someone who does not have this element to their being is sick, or wrong and is defying their purpose, either in line with religion, science or both.

Do I agree with this personally? I don't honestly care whether the organisation exists as long as it isn't compulsory or forced on the gay populace. Do I believe children should be forced to go by parents? No, but that is a debate over parental rights, ethics, morals and your right to make your own decisions which is an entirely different debate as stated above. The issue is not the organisation existing, it is the customers.

I understand it's the parents right, but so many kids have been emotionally scarred because of this. I just think it's terrible. Some people in my own family would be willing to do this to me to "fix" me. When I saw the videos that some of the people who went through it, I cried. They were really hurt by this. Even the APA says the treatment causes mental and emotional trauma and depression. I do have the right to be upset about this, just as the parents have the right to put their children through this. Also, read about some of the methods used, like neglect from the parents for effeminate behavior, or masculine behavior for girls. All this is just really upsetting to me. I'm sorry if you think I was being unreasonable.

Another organization mainly targeting teens was Love In Action. The documentary This Is What Love In Action Looks Like is on Netflix if u want to watch it. LIA shut down last year due to protests because teens were being forced to go there against their will, and the ministry suffered lawsuits from the state of Tennessee, where the ministry was based.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to say but if people didn't want it, then the organisation would lack funding and no longer exist. People here might find this entire idea horrible but clearly there are also people who believe the opposite. This therapy is optional (assuming to the parent, who does have parental rights over you as much as you may wish to argue you deserve to make choices. This is a separate debate) and is formed from the foundations of both religious and scientific beliefs, yes for once the two agree that human, along with other animals, are made to reproduce which is naturally a heterosexual endeavour. People from either background can claim that someone who does not have this element to their being is sick, or wrong and is defying their purpose, either in line with religion, science or both.

Do I agree with this personally? I don't honestly care whether the organisation exists as long as it isn't compulsory or forced on the gay populace. Do I believe children should be forced to go by parents? No, but that is a debate over parental rights, ethics, morals and your right to make your own decisions which is an entirely different debate as stated above. The issue is not the organisation existing, it is the customers.

I agree but to nearly beat homosexuality out of someone is I think wrong and some religons do more harm than good like the crusades and native american slaves