dreading bout getting piercings...

Ok, people ask this a lot about piercings.

Half of it depends where you're pierced, and lip and tongue aren't that bad at all. I've not had my tongue, but that's what I've heard.

They mark the spot for the piercing, clamp it quite tightly, and then pierce it. The needle goes through pretty quick, and they should get you to do breathing exercises at the same time, not sure if that applies to tongue though. The pain is just like a sharp pinch, it only lasts for a couple of seconds and then just feels hot. they have to leave the needle in for a second so that they can get the bar, they fit the bar onto the end of the hollow needle and then pull it back through the new hole. In my opinion, the worst bit is having the ball put on, because they sometimes wiggle the bar around by accident and I've been pinched a few times haha.

All in all, the pain is not bad at all, but the most important factor is that everyone has a different pain threshold, which is basically everyones limit and tolerance for pain, some people can get their lip pierced and it'll hardly bother them at all, and some might scream and faint. In my opinion it's all in your head xD the pain isnt as bad as you think it will be though. You can try and guess what it'll feel like by quickly pinching where you want pierced with your fingernails, it helps you get an idea sometimes.

Healing process wise, im not sure about tongue piercings, but I know it swells up. You need to clean it, and be extra careful that it doesnt embed (sink into the flesh) that's really painful and can cause lots of problems. With lip piercings, cleaning also applies, however new piercings have longer bars in, to account for swelling, which also means that sometimes you catch the bar on your teeth, or you accidently bite the bar, that can hurt both your lip and your tooth :sad:

I say whatever pain you feel is worth it, if you're serious about them, and when they heal you'll be so happy that you got them!

good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...