LiveForMusic Posted July 27, 2012 Posted July 27, 2012 K basicly. For the past year or so I've been slowly becoming a emo. But I don't think my mum understands what emo really is. I do wear a lot of black and when I can eyeliner and stuff. But my mum thinks that's emo and stuff. And sure that may be part of it. And I think she is trying to change me. She is buying me bright summer clothes even though I don't want to wear it. But I feel bad saying that to my mum. I haven't really talked to her about being emo and what it means. I just don't know how. My mum has a lot of medial problems and has had a nervous breakdown and I'm so worried about everything I saw in case is worries her. Cuase I have had major friends issues. Not about being emo as I haven't really brought that into my school life. But on own clothes days people ask me 'Why do you dress like an emo' an stuff. So I don't want to say anything. My mum has brought me nice clothes but I think she wants me to be more of a typical teenager. I have been looking at new hairstyles to try out but I think my mum won't let me. I mean I love my mum she is the most important person to me but I don't think she fully understands.
endofgreen15 Posted July 27, 2012 Posted July 27, 2012 LOL sounds like you dont even know the meaning....
Guest Emo4Lyf Posted July 27, 2012 Posted July 27, 2012 She probably just thinks it's a phase and for better or for worse it likely is, I mean very very few people will stay in the same sub-culture throughout the teenage years and adult-hood without variation. Trust me, her buying you different clothes is quite tame compared to what many other parents do so you should honestly count your blessings - I actually don't know a specific way to solve the situation without causing strife between you and her (after all she thinks she's smarter as all parents tend to and as you said she's prone to breakdowns) so I would honestly just say thankyou. Practically I would suggest taking the clothes and modding them to your tastes but she make take offense at that - I don't know her so I can't judge really.
XxPocketSizedEmoVampirexX Posted July 31, 2012 Posted July 31, 2012 my parents think im just going through a phase :/
BVBbridesmaid<3 Posted August 2, 2012 Posted August 2, 2012 My parents think I'm going insane and hat it's the type of music I listen to that is changing me ( bvb etf fir tnbk)
.Dark. Posted August 4, 2012 Posted August 4, 2012 Lolz lucky. I honestly told my mom she can deal with it. Lolz. Idc if she dosn't undertand its how I want to be and thats not going to change unless I see fit.
ChupaChup^^ Posted August 4, 2012 Posted August 4, 2012 my parents think, i don't know really and i don't care. i am who i am and i don't care what they think
XxPocketSizedEmoVampirexX Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 i dont think im going through a phase....i scene, emo, goth fashion xD i cant see myself wearing anythin else xD well if my parents dont like certain things well fuck u then i love it n its my body n my choices so i wanna do watevs i want \(^o^)/
Mickey Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 Lol.... I agree with Snow completely. Honestly, if your parents were trying to change you they'd more than likely tell you straight up. Maybe you can have a calm chat and simply tell her what style you're into. Worked with my mom. Lol.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now