Emilie Autumn?

Amz

Miss Lucy had some leeches. Her leeches loved to suck. And when they drank up all her blood she didn't give a funny when her doctors

Had locked her in her cell. Miss Lucy screamed all over they should go to bloody hello to....

Sunday's Gloomy. My hours are slumberless. Dearest of shadows I live with are numberless...

You know the games I play and the words I say when I want my own way! You know the lies I tell when you've gone through Hell

And you say I can't stay!

I LOVE HER!!

Do you?

• 4 weeks later...

I can't understand... I am A fan of many artist who frequently wax philosophical metaphors both conversational and thought-provoking. Like b-jorks "I miss you" or Republica's "drop dead Gorgeous" (true freaks of nature not like the watered down versions like Gaga and Minaj)

She doesn't feel inventive to me. She doesn't speak volumes to me. I think she is trying to be a visionary but I can note that She is only TRYING to look as if she is not confined by the norms of this day... Or it could be that I need to know where it all comes from, and what circumstances in her life influenced her music. I don't think she is genuine, everthing feels like a public persona just like with every current artist today.

I was bored rigid by her. It's not that it's bad, it's just not very good. She comes across as quite self-centered which I'm disappointed by, as a fan of obscure artist. I think her passion is flat.

The only song that I can appreciate is "Thank god I'm pretty" It's more or less saying that all or most female aggression is pure reactivity to oppressive male behavior and thus at least marginally justified. See this is the only song thats a gem, (perhaps by accident) expressing what's repressed in our culture. The lyrics read well I just wish there wasn't such tones of sarcasm when she sings it.

• Downvote 1