What the heck is a nerd and a geek?

Inolongerusethisaccount

What exatly is a nerd? One of my besties says we ( as in us and our friends) are nerds and she used to say we where geeks. But I just dont know what either of the two mean!

Yes, I am aware it's just a stereotype, but I still wannna know.

Does she say that cuz I have bracers and glasses? My friends and I all have glasses...and like anime, books and video games...I heard that has to do with it?! I really dunno.

whats a nerd?

whats a geek?

Guest Emo4Lyf

I kind of agree with your theory chels but not your example.

Nerds are people with 'nerdy tastes', which is often the intellectual topics or sci-fi. So being into star wars? Nerdy. being a Gamer? Nerdy. being into physics or other sciences? Nerdy. Glasses are considered nerdy too because of the intellectual stereotype associated with them along with reading books making you nerdy too.

Geeks are more extreme and to me, this means being a part of the creation process, i.e. programming, creating your own scientific theories and possibly the creation of fan fiction.

At the end of the day they're very similar concepts which are both related to the same material, however I feel geek is more of the 'inside line' while nerd is simply the appreciator of the content.

Basically a nerd is a weak, defensless person, who in the steryoe type, is into "nerdy" things. A "geek", in ur case, is a more extreme version of the nerd. Also, they tend to hav a lot of allergies and r extremely smart. Also, a geek can also be some1 who bites the heads off of birds(Ozzy Ozborn). Correct me if im wrong.