New Hair Style?

RapidRat

So, my hair is Ginger and extremelyyyy 'Thick'.. i dont know much about hair, but i know i want my hair to suit my 'style'

Seeing as my hair is so thick, i cant do much, i've tried to straighten it, but it never seems to work (even got mum to help, she knows what she's doing, haha).. but it did like nothing.

Every time i go to the hairdressers, i get it thinned out A LOT, but it grows back so fast, i cant do much with it anyway.

Anyway, the point of this is, i want to dye my hair Black and get either Red or Blue streaks through it (mostly on the fringe).. i told my mum this, and it didnt end well.

Having said that, i dont care what she thinks, and im almost 19, so i will do it anyway.. i just dont know how to go about doing this, or if it will even work with my thick hair?

I'll attach a pic of my hair on a day-to-day basis.

So some tips about how to 'tame' my hair would be appreciated.

Also, some opinions on the style of hair i want? (colour preferances, what works, etc)

Note; Sorry if my grammar/spelling is a bit off.. im not the best at this, so please try 'over-look' it :')

post-20492-0-00172700-1347983887_thumb.jpg

The black will probably take, it's rare that it doesnt, however for the streaks you'll need to pre-lighten your hair with bleach.

To be perfectly honest, I think black would be a bit too harsh with your complexion, you'd probably better suit a dark brown. And red streaks probably isn't the best Idea partially because it's really hard to get out.

The black will probably take, it's rare that it doesnt, however for the streaks you'll need to pre-lighten your hair with bleach.

To be perfectly honest, I think black would be a bit too harsh with your complexion, you'd probably better suit a dark brown. And red streaks probably isn't the best Idea partially because it's really hard to get out.

I agree, i think black would be too harsh (i'm in the same boat)

if your hair is already gingery i'd do a really dark red with like the ends green in random places :3

Thankyou, i tried brown for a cosplay once, it was alright.. but its not black :/

Thankyou tho ^__^

ME TOO! te hehe. All I have thats cool is a shelf of usless nicknacks. and a record collection

Haha damn, i guess you can start a collection (like energy drinks?) Its so fun, and i've only been collecting them like 4 or so months (i have 39) :')

And what you saying about not having much cool stuff? you have an Emo Puddle account.. so thats cool ;P

Haha damn, i guess you can start a collection (like energy drinks?) Its so fun, and i've only been collecting them like 4 or so months (i have 39) :')

And what you saying about not having much cool stuff? you have an Emo Puddle account.. so thats cool ;P

haha thanks hon!

• 2 weeks later...

your call,. but I think your hair is pretty cool now :3 otherwise put alot of black in so that it's contrasted with your natural hair colour.. :3 if that makes sense haha! :3 I'm wary of bleach but with thick jet black hair what can I do? went from black to red to dark blonde that turned orange... now a golden chocolatey brown with black roots. changing it soon, but want to see exactly what :3 whatever goes for you, good luck eheh :3 would love to see the end result! *_* ^^

your call,. but I think your hair is pretty cool now :3 otherwise put alot of black in so that it's contrasted with your natural hair colour.. :3 if that makes sense haha! :3 I'm wary of bleach but with thick jet black hair what can I do? went from black to red to dark blonde that turned orange... now a golden chocolatey brown with black roots. changing it soon, but want to see exactly what :3 whatever goes for you, good luck eheh :3 would love to see the end result! *_* ^^

Aww Awesome! Golden Chocolatey Brown would look sweet i think (not on me) :P

Thanks for the comment, i havnt done it yet (finding time for friends to do it and cut it too etc..)

For All: i will post end results when i get it done.. i dont know when exactaly, due to finding time.. becuase of work and friends work and comitments etc) >__<

well..it's really up to you what you want to do..but I agree..black would be too harsh and I think that blue streaks would look cute c:

Awww thankyou.. its a bit late now, i just dyed it a few hours ago ^__^ ..im going to post pics tomorrow! :D

Heyy guys, i dyed my hair black yesturday, (its actually 'blue black', so in the light, it has a blue ish shine to it) and i love it!

i cant figure out how to attach a link to this comment, so i will just change my profile pic, and add a pic to the gallery, so if you want to see, you can go there ans see it ^__^

I'd like to thank everybody who offered their opinions, i really appreciate it.

Cheers, Logan xx

• 1 month later...