In a weird situation..

Sarah1619

So, when I was dating this guy about 2 years ago, he cheated on me with by best friend at the time because I refused to do anything with him. Which resulted in her getting pregnant. She kept the baby and named her after me and asked me to be the God Mother. I was still really pissed but agreed, and thank whatever I agreed because now my old best friend is addicted to drugs and is an alcoholic. She would leave her own child in her crib for HOURS!! I'm talking almost all day. So I got her help and she went to rehab. Now I have custody of her baby. My friend is 16 and im 14. And now apparently a motherly figure. -.- This may or may not be legal but I don't care because at least this kid is getting loved and the attention she needs...

Her dads not in the picture and her mom is what Got her on the wrong path :/ My parents are actually making me pay rent for her. They hate me now because I fell in love with a guy that's mexican and met on the internet so they're really no help. :/

Not really...the baby's father is a total douche, no child support, no "I wanna be there for my kid" none of that. My friends parents pretty much hate me because I was pregnant from rape so I'm already considered the town whore. (didn't have the baby but that's a different story) if there were better foster homes id put the baby up for adoption but around here they hit the kids and just make them feel worthless. I may not be the best person to take care of a 1 year old but I can do better than what my friend was doing...

Thanks, but if you're raped where I live it's considered the victims fault. And it happened twice so yeah. However, I can't leave her in the crib because she thinks I'm not coming back after her mom did that, so she's sleeping on my lap right now...and I keep putting her diapers on backwards D:

There's no way that social services would give custody of a newborn to a 14 year old, it would go to either the mother/fathers parents/relatives or would be taken into care.

If you are legitimately looking after someone else baby by yourself I think you should definitely tell social services or at least hand it over to an adult to look after.

You will not be capable of supporting the child and it is unfair both on the baby and yourself. Do the responsible thing. You are 14, looking after someone elses baby isn't and shouldn't be your priority.

Child services weren't contacted. I moved in with her mother but she parties pretty much all night, so I have to watch the baby, but I have the money to do it now. But it's still weird. Her mom is never home and it's like I'm raising my ex boyfriends baby -.-

I goto online school, and I agree she shouldn't but the thing is around here foster homes are no better, I've been in several and they mostly abuse the children and are fostering for the money from the government, the money I get from her mom but it's not like babysitting money it's enough for food fee her and I and clothes and diapers and shit.