Alesana vs Underoath, who wins?

Gorgoroth

• 2 weeks later...

Underoath wins. They have been a huge inspiration to most contemporary metalcore bands, and these bands will admit to this. Underoath has been an ever evolving band, their new music is not so fantastic, but if you follow their old EPs and albums such as Define The Great Line it's easy to see. And from what I have seen, Underoath has more quality lyrics than Alesana. This is why I believe Underoath is a better band, but to each their own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have not been religious for a few years, but when I was in my Christian-phase, I liked listening to bands like Dead Poetic, War of Ages, we came as romans and Underoath.

Then I went through my screamo phase. I liked blessthefall, bullet for my valentine, and Alesana.

Anyway, even though Underoath is Christian, they're okay for Christian Metalcore. And Alesana is good for Post hardcore.

Im not crazy about them, but if I had to compare the two, I'd say Underoath. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

As far as overall discography Alesana slays Underoath easily...however as far as first two albums go I think Underoath slightly edges them out. Dallas era Underoath is PHENOMENAL.