Substitution of Cutting

Guest Broken hearted 4ever more

Do you believe in ghosts?  

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes
    • No
    • I forgot to add the poll

I used to cut, but then the school figured out and then they forced me to tell my parents. So, I obviously stopped then. Of course, I love looking at the scars once in a while.. But uhm. Now, I tear at myself. And, recently I got an idea by watching Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty x_o I saw Zero Kiryu tear at his neck and make it bleed. So, now I scratch at my neck like that. Or just tear at myself slowly. I'm not sure what else to do :\ cause tearing is my substitute.

I used to cut' date=' but then the school figured out and then they forced me to tell my parents. So, I obviously stopped then. Of course, I love looking at the scars once in a while.. But uhm. Now, I tear at myself. And, recently I got an idea by watching Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty x_o I saw Zero Kiryu tear at his neck and make it bleed. So, now I scratch at my neck like that. Or just tear at myself slowly. I'm not sure what else to do :\ cause tearing is my substitute.

[/quote']

I used to scratch the fuck out my leg with my nails...

I also used to bleat some metal and rock music as well....

I used to cut' date=' but then the school figured out and then they forced me to tell my parents. So, I obviously stopped then. Of course, I love looking at the scars once in a while.. But uhm. Now, I tear at myself. And, recently I got an idea by watching Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty x_o I saw Zero Kiryu tear at his neck and make it bleed. So, now I scratch at my neck like that. Or just tear at myself slowly. I'm not sure what else to do :\ cause tearing is my substitute.

[/quote']

I used to scratch the fuck out my leg with my nails...

I also used to bleat some metal and rock music as well....

When I was younger, I would scream my freakin head off into a pillow. A pillow so it would be muffled. Now I just tear. >.< Of course an anime gives me the idea of tearing. Pft.

Guest Emo4Lyf

i guess really.. for a substitute it'd depend very heavily on the actual feeling you get when doing such action 0.o since what you're aiming for is just a way to reciprocate that emotion without the process... it's like alcoholics drinking endless water when cutting back or quitting... the process of simply drinking mimics some of the effects, not all obviously but some...

Guest 100%BrokeN

Doing what you see on TV is not an examle on how to do anything especially if it has to do with vampires. find something less or not destructive :)

AgreedXD you should try something creative like drawing writing or playing instruments *shrugs* just a thought...:)

Guest Emo4Lyf

Doing what you see on TV is not an examle on how to do anything especially if it has to do with vampires. find something less or not destructive :)

sucking blood from virgins is actually quite enthralling i'll have you know.

But' date=' of course it makes me feel better.

sucking blood from virgins is actually quite enthralling i'll have you know.

That's uhm lovely. But, I'm only 13 o_o

why are all of your threads about cutting?

I didn't notice until you pointed that out. And, I just started a second one. It's just about things I wonder. And, it wasn't about cutting. It was about schools, aho (that was japanese)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Drone, that was kind of a mean thing to say.

2. Broken, my suggestion would be that instead of tearing you go for something (anything non-destructive) that will create something that is tangible. Sculpture usually works, I know a guy who took up programming and that helped, my cousin knits, etc. Cooking is the simplest thing out there and if you make something extravagant like a garnish then you should feel much better (it helps if you are genuinely interested in it). I've found that the most effective things are ones that the person has never done before so taking up a totally new hobby is a good idea. Now before I end this post I'll bust out the science aspect of it. The brain releases positive chemicals every time you create something tangible, no matter what it is. Ironically enough, cutting fulfills that requirement but so do a vast number of other things. If you'd like I can give like 3-4 pages on it but something tells me that would be excessive :)

Hope it helps and feel better :P

Guest 100%BrokeN

Or do what I do which is punch holes through dry wall :) lolz jk I only do that when I'm super pisssed.

Bad boy! No cookie for u :P

And broken hearted forever more you should REALLY stop tearing :)

Guest ~xXThePaperCutKidXx~

i dont see why people keep creating things. look, if the only reason you stopped was because your parents found out, then either, you have a large amount of will power (unlikely due to the topic of this thread) or you werent doing it wholeheartedly. now im not here to undermine your situation, because its all relative. but why would you stop only to start again in a different manner? it just seems.. i dont know what to call it. but yeah

as for advicey things, just make yourself stop. dont think about it, doing it or anything like that. stop yourself. do something productive that will make you feel good about yourself, something satisfying, like, excersize or..drawing, or writing a story. if you want to get out some nasty feelings and this isnt working you can allways try freewriting- putting pen to paper and writing whatever comes into your head without thinking about it. i dont really care if you dont want to stop, because carrying on wont get you anywhere.

Or do what I do which is punch holes through dry wall :) lolz jk I only do that when I'm super pisssed.

:) was it chocalte chip? :(

Guest 100%BrokeN

Yup :P the best!! But you can dream on bunny boi u ain't gettin it :P

Yup :P the best!! But you can dream on bunny boi u ain't gettin it :P

I'm realsing the bunnies!!!! They are rabid and hungry for cookies!! :P