Online Dating, good or bad?

Skateratmidnight

I believe I've said this elsewhere but dating someone online is complete rubbish. If you're being with someone who you actually knew in real life then it can be cute you want to keep things going over the web but meeting someone solely over the web is pointless and a little sad. Mostly because you 'think' you know someone, when online it's far too easy to be something you aren't, and most people do this to some extent. That and there is absolutely no form of contact or even allow any of the support a partner should offer because they are not there.

This subject was already covered. I still say it's bad.

You could end up abducted and harvested for organs,

you can end up being burned with battery acid when your online affair tracks you down,

you could end up with a pimp who abuses you and conditions you into a prostitute,

you could end up going nuts and telling your online lover to rescue you by helping you murder your own family while they sleep,

You could end up being shiped all the way to Yemen and force into marrige with a 72 year old man,

You could end up hanging by your neck in a closet because your class mate made a fake myspace profile of a boy who took and interest in you and then pretended to break up with you.

You could end up being held down by the angry wife of your online lover while she sticks a hot curling iron between your legs to make you unfit to fuck her husband when you didn't even know he was married...

The most distrubing True cases of online dateing gone wrong There's just so many reasons that go beyond pedos. And that doesn't even cover it.

Guest Falling Friends

If they lived a could of miles away from you, I don't see why not. Friendship is okay I guess, but dating is too hard. I't seems such a lovely and wonderful idea, but just no.

well, my dad met my stepmom on the internet... She lived on the other side of the world. So.... i guess online dating is not really that bad, but never trust a person whom you havent seen on webcam, cuz people tend to steal photos(learned the hard way)....

Hmmm..... should I tell my thoughts....... hmmmm...... why the heck not...... I can understand why some people do online dating; they could be lonely or something like that and it's fine because I would rather have my friend dating some person on the internet then trying to slice her wrist open but if you do it just to be doing it it's gross in a theoreticall sense. People act different online or the phone. You don't know their true reaction to what you said or look like the only thing you know is what they decide to tell you or if the have skype, webcam, ect... so unless your lonely and have no one then I don't agree with it though that is making me something of a hypocrite because I have dated people online before but they were in driving distance from my house so I could say that is kinda different.

My dad met my ex-step mother on the internet. She ended up taking all his money and leaving after a while, not to mention she treated me like shit. But I have a few awesome really close friends I've met online and that's cool, just make sure you know what you're doing before you get too involved. Like someone said, make sure you at least talk to them on webcam so you know they aren't a pedo or something like that (I had a run in with that once I think) and NEVER tell anyone where you live. If you want to meet up with someone, do it in a public place, no matter how well you think you know them. And EvilActivity said it right, there are a lot of crazy people out there. I was stupid when I was a kid (this was like 5 years ago) and I dated online and had that run in with a pedo (never met him, but my dad claimed he was and I never spoke to him again) and then did it again later. Yes, stupid me. Then I found out it was stupid and pointless to date people online, especially if you're that young, so I stopped.

I'm gonna say it again. If you do decide to date someone online, make sure you know what you're doing. Some people don't get the importance of not telling someone online where you live just because they live so many hundred miles away. Crazy people will find a way to you.

Not really my view on online dating, but those are my thoughts on the whole situation at hand.

I'm ranting a lot lately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't find it bad since well if you truly have feelings for someone you could trust them.
It may be hard because you can't have them near. That's why I think older online relationships can work out because well you can actually get on a plane and go see them. Younger relationships you have to deal with a lot of parent bullshit.

• 1 month later...

Its good and bad. it leaves you with a lot of expectations and big shoes to fill from far away. if the relationship is genuine and you actually plan to meet someday then thumbs up c: If the relationship is just filled with lies and you never plan to meet, then whats the point? Because your lonely? Get a puppy or something man. The most important thing EVER is make sure that person is real, you dont want it to turn out to be a pedo >.>

I'm not a fan of it, because people are often very different in person compared to online, like, they might be super nice online but total dicks in person. I've met people like this (only as friends though) and they totally ruined our friendships by being total ass hat irl. 

Besides I like intimacy, cuddles and kisses and will go insane without them. 

But if it works for people then sure go ahead but be careful with whom you bond. 

I'm not a fan of it, because people are often very different in person compared to online, like, they might be super nice online but total dicks in person. I've met people like this (only as friends though) and they totally ruined our friendships by being total ass hat irl. 

Besides I like intimacy, cuddles and kisses and will go insane without them. 

But if it works for people then sure go ahead but be careful with whom you bond. 

"Besides I like intimacy, cuddles and kisses and will go insane without them. 

But if it works for people then sure go ahead but be careful with whom you bond. "

Exactly!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so reading everyone's posts on here.  I guess I'm one of the luckier ones then.

I met my boyfriend online, specifically on Chatango, and he is a diamond disguised as a rock in a sea of rocks.  His profile was originally a roleplaying profile and, yes, we did roleplay being the perverts we are.  Eventually, we got together as friends.  Then we became lovers.  From there on, we have been together for two, going on three, years now and we can agree that those years have been the best years of our lives so far.

We live in the same country, but in different cities.  We also have a bit of an age gap, but we don't mind it.  We've talked to each other on phone, cammed with each other on Skype thousands of times, and met each other in person.  Hell, even our mothers know about each other.  We've been each other's shoulder to lean on during our hard times and each other's ears when no one else would offer theirs.  Oh noes, I'm going into cheesy territory now.  Basically, we're best friends and lovers at the same time.  He loves me and I love him, and we're willing to make our relationship work.

Then again, take precaution when finding someone online.  Dangerous things can happen.  It's a risk, really, just like everything else on the internet.

I just got lucky.

If you don't already have a possible way to go see that person when the time comes of if one of the persons has no intention or plan of already moving near the other then it really just something to fill a gap in your life and unlikely ever become a proper relationship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is wonderful, actually. It is so easy to find someone you perfectly fit with. And if you do happen to find this person, you absolutely need to webcam with them before you get in a relationship. This is because yes, the person could be a fake. If they refuse, they probably are. Otherwise, I think you will have a perfect, well matched relationship.

And as someone said, make your first few in-person meetings in public.